No love for Williamson County?

Dust

Nov 24, 2008
Mito, Japan/Georgetown, Texas
Dad and I are looking into a suppressor for a 22/223. Everything I have read says that Williamson Co. residents are SOL. A search on the forum turned up Trusts, but I don't know enough yet to know how they work. Can someone give me some info on getting started on paperwork or a way around this?

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
Lifetime Member
Feb 7, 2009
Houston, TX
Wasn't williamson county the place where that guy ws shooting dogs and cats with a suppressor?

I have done several trusts for williamson county residents so they could purchse NFA items.

In general, a williamson county resident has a choice of forming an LLC/Corp or a trust if he wants an item regulated by the national firearms act.

Dust

Nov 24, 2008
Mito, Japan/Georgetown, Texas
You are the first I have heard saying that Williamson is friendly. I talked with a guy, who I think SC is talking about. His neighbors accused him of taking out their dog. He told me as with everything else i have read, that there would be no silencers in Williamson County.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
May 29, 2017
Austin, TX
You are the first I have heard saying that Williamson is friendly. I talked with a guy, who I think SC is talking about. His neighbors accused him of taking out their dog. He told me as with everything else i have read, that there would be no silencers in Williamson County.
Who knows how old the paperwork is that I saw then, but I have seen CLEO sign-offs from Wilco residents on their paperwork so someone at some point and time was signing them. Your best bet is to call around to C3 dealers.

Patrón

Feb 28, 2008
San Antonio
I am ignorant on the gun laws, but why would a local county law overrule a federal ATF law? If the appropriate documents and tax were filed and paid, how could a local sheriff stop a federal procedure?

I hate Williamson County more everyday.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
May 29, 2017
Austin, TX
I am ignorant on the gun laws, but why would a local county law overrule a federal ATF law? If the appropriate documents and tax were filed and paid, how could a local sheriff stop a federal procedure?

I hate Williamson County more everyday.
Because it requires his signature, and there is no law forcing him to do so.

Patrón

Feb 28, 2008
San Antonio
Because it requires his signature, and there is no law forcing him to do so.
He is the only person in the county eligable to do so? can if be done in another county or does it have to be in the county in which you live?

Top Bottom