• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dust

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Mito, Japan/Georgetown, Texas
    Dad and I are looking into a suppressor for a 22/223. Everything I have read says that Williamson Co. residents are SOL. A search on the forum turned up Trusts, but I don't know enough yet to know how they work. Can someone give me some info on getting started on paperwork or a way around this?
    Guns International

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Wasn't williamson county the place where that guy ws shooting dogs and cats with a suppressor?

I have done several trusts for williamson county residents so they could purchse NFA items.

In general, a williamson county resident has a choice of forming an LLC/Corp or a trust if he wants an item regulated by the national firearms act.

Dust

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Mito, Japan/Georgetown, Texas
    You are the first I have heard saying that Williamson is friendly. I talked with a guy, who I think SC is talking about. His neighbors accused him of taking out their dog. He told me as with everything else i have read, that there would be no silencers in Williamson County.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    You are the first I have heard saying that Williamson is friendly. I talked with a guy, who I think SC is talking about. His neighbors accused him of taking out their dog. He told me as with everything else i have read, that there would be no silencers in Williamson County.

Who knows how old the paperwork is that I saw then, but I have seen CLEO sign-offs from Wilco residents on their paperwork so someone at some point and time was signing them. Your best bet is to call around to C3 dealers.

Patrón

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    San Antonio
    I am ignorant on the gun laws, but why would a local county law overrule a federal ATF law? If the appropriate documents and tax were filed and paid, how could a local sheriff stop a federal procedure?

I hate Williamson County more everyday.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I am ignorant on the gun laws, but why would a local county law overrule a federal ATF law? If the appropriate documents and tax were filed and paid, how could a local sheriff stop a federal procedure?

I hate Williamson County more everyday.

Because it requires his signature, and there is no law forcing him to do so.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Cheif Law Enforcement Officer:
    Chief of police
    Sheriff
    Judge with arrest powers
    District Attorney

Am I missing anyone?

LuckyLuciano

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Austin
    Contact Chuck Untitled Document
    They can take care of your Williamson County needs. :)

Also recommending Chuck's Class III in Williamson County. He's a stand up guy.

I live in the city of Austin and there is no getting Art Acevedo (Chief of Police) to sign any Form-4s, he's publicly come out and said he will not sign any. The only route to take in that case is with a trust.

Quicken Willmaker works just fine, or you can see a lawyer if you want to make sure and do it all correct.

edit: It looks like the information I was given about Austin CLEO signoff was about Cathy Ellison, the previous acting Chief of Police. I'm not sure where Acevedo stands.

Top Bottom