• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    Its been 5 days since most folks in East Texas from Tyler to Palestine and beyond have received anything other than bulk mail and packages. Sorting center in Coppell had a mercury spill and its been shut down for a while now

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/T...-Still-No-Mail-for-Some-in-DFW-490589151.html

Of course, if you read the official comments from USPS you have to take it all with a grain of salt. Most folks just nod their heads and tell themselves to be patient. Having been in charge or large scale Hazmat cleanup including mercury and radiation, I know that it does not take long to decontaminate a facility from a mercury spill. I also know that the 5 gallon spill that is referred to in official USPS news releases is suspicious at best. 5 gallons of mercury is over 500 lbs in weight....just how would someone send a 500 lb package to a facility that primarily does first class mail?

Having worked in the DOE I know that if anyone breaks wind and knocks over a glass bottle, the FBI jumps in with both feet and starts with the premise of domestic terrorism, hence the long shutdown and the tight lips all around. My money is on a disgruntled postal employee who brought in the mercury and placed it where it would spill, most likely in one of the large pieces of machinery. If you are PO'd at your employer, it is common to sabotage the facility and this is exactly what it sounds like to me. Feds won't let anyone say anything until they do their thing and I believe the news stories are just fluff because there has to be more going on than a simple mercury spill.

In any case, I have been waiting for a $20K+ check in the mail and the only thing in my box is cobwebs. Worse part is that USPS has still not sent any of the residents a notice in my area explaining anything. Carrier comes by every day delivering some bulk mail but it would be nice if they had taken the time to put a slip of paper in each box telling us what the problem is.

Reminds me of the time I had a carrier who was later fired for throwing mail in a dumpster each day instead of delivering it. When I went to the Post Office to ask about my mail, no one could talk to me because they were playing bingo in the back room as a team building exercise.

What a country!
    Gun Zone Deals

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    Missed the other thread...guess the title "cover up"applies to so many things these days its kind of like a car alarm going off...didn't pay any attention

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Yep, "cover up" thread. I had several pounds in a half pint bottle. Desperate to give it away....and did.

Back in the day. Inmates would steal the glass capsule out the room A.C. thermometer. Specifically out the classrooms.

Open up a snickers bar. Put the mercury in the bar and sealed it back. If an inmate had to be airlifted or sent to the hospital asap. He probably tried to steal some candy from another inmate.

Mercury is some nasty stuff.

Top Bottom