Hurley's Gold

No mention of the new Taurus TX22 yet???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas Heat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2017
    Houston, TX
    How is it possible? This seems to be a winner from all preliminary testing so far but I don't know anyone that has one in hand. Being a Taurus still makes it iffy but on paper, everything seems extremely well thought out and it's priced right. Does any one have one on here or know where I can shoot one? On the off chance that you have shot it, do you know how it compares to the SR22?

Gun Zone Deals

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Taurus QC in recent years has been very questionable.

I have owned Taurus’ in the past and had no issues but I seem to be the exception and not the norm.

Had a 608 and a 605 and never had an issue with either after 1,000s of rounds between the two of them.

Every Taurus .22 I have seen has had issues. Revolvers seem to just break after less than 1000 rounds and their pocket semi autos jam more than they go bang( and that is using a variety of ammo in them)

I will wait and see what this one does.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I do like the higher than normal capacity magazines.

I don't like Taurus though.

Depending on where street and used prices end up I might pick one up. That being said I have plenty of 22s already so no rush.

Worth a gamble for a range toy if cheap enough.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have owned 3 guns from Taurus (one is a Rossi, but they're basically the same company).

My Taurus model 66 is from the mid to late 80s. It has a serious issue that has yet to be fixed despite already being sent back once. I'm about to send it back again.

My Taurus 92AF was bought brand new 3-4 years ago. It came to me with a oversized barrel (9mm is supposed to be 0.355, the Taurus was 0.358"). To their credit, they replaced the barrel free of charge, and the turnaround time was a couple weeks. The barrel does NOT like lead though. No matter what you do, it will lead horribly. I cast for almost everything I shoot, so that is an annoyance. The gun otherwise functions beautifully, and is pretty accurate. The factory mags are shit though.

My 44 mag Rossi 92 is a absolutely beautiful gun, though there are a couple of minor fit issues (cosmetic) with the stock. It was bought new about 6-7 years ago. The extractor sucked though. It would mostly work with 44 mag if you worked the action at just the right speed. You could forget about 44 special. I replaced it myself. It works with 44 mag, but 44 special is still iffy. The factory sights aren't great, and the dumbasses drilled the holes for the tang sight too far apart, so I can't mount one.

Quality is worth the extra money.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    We own a slim 709pt. For cc or bug it would be great and I actually like the feel of it but it’s not reliable and I’ve sent it back to Taurus twice. Jams & stove pipes on every ammo I’ve ran through it. Taurus says I’m limp wristing this pistol and that’s why it fouls but it’s the only pistol I have that does this so I guess it’s the only weapon I limp wrist. I won’t own another one and I don’t know what to do with this one?

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    22 Plinkster on YouTube seemed to like it. It's just not on my radar right now. If I get a 22 pistol it'll be a Ruger Mk IV or a S&W Victory 22.

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Taurus QC in recent years has been very questionable.

I have owned Taurus’ in the past and had no issues but I seem to be the exception and not the norm.

Had a 608 and a 605 and never had an issue with either after 1,000s of rounds between the two of them.

Every Taurus .22 I have seen has had issues. Revolvers seem to just break after less than 1000 rounds and their pocket semi autos jam more than they go bang( and that is using a variety of ammo in them)

I will wait and see what this one does.
    Back in the 70s Taurus ranked only slightly ahead of RG on the Saturday night special scale. Not sure when they got promoted to the acceptable category. Does anybody know? Thanks

Antares

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2015
    Seabrook, TX
    I purchased a TX22 and I love the gun it is accurate and just a lot of fun to shoot. The 16 round mags are nice but you cannot find any on-line. You can find a lot of 10 round mags on line but 16 is always sold out. I also found out mine does not like CCI Velocitor 22 LR and does not feed it properly. I tried CCI minimag, Stinger, and quick shok and it feeds all the time and very accurate. I called Taurus and asked about the velocitor problem and they haven't heard about that problem the bullet after it tries to load looks like the side caved in.
    The gun is great and fun to shoot and very accurate. I put only about 300 rounds through it but it is cheap enough that I can go at least once a week to shoot. I definitely recommend this gun, but beware it might not like all kinds of ammo.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I have a 709 slim. It actually shoots well. Can't sell it since the dogs chewed up the plastic. But it does shoot.

Antares

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2015
    Seabrook, TX
    I like my TX22 however it doesn't like CCI Velocitor and other rounds that are hot or the small game speeds. I shoot just regular 22 and it just eats them up no failures. I find the gun fun to shot my grandkids also love to shoot it.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    The major draw for me would be the 16 round magazines. The problem is that they take too long to load.

My Ruger MK pistols use only a 10 round mag. But coupled with a Kliploader, I can load a magazine in 3 seconds. It must take longer for the Taurus mags to load. Removing the benefit of larger mags.

I can’t detect any other benefits over existing designs. .22 pistols are plinkers. The more plinking you can do, the better I like it...

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    You should buy the dogs some cowhide bones or chew sticks. They are even cheaper than a Taurus!
    True that. A month later they ate a S&W Bodyguard.(They were young Siberian mixes) But S&W replaced all the plastic parts just out of kindness. They can do in a large cowhide bone 1 each in about 10 to 15 minutes. I think 5 of those bones cost more than that 709.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    The major draw for me would be the 16 round magazines. The problem is that they take too long to load.

My Ruger MK pistols use only a 10 round mag. But coupled with a Kliploader, I can load a magazine in 3 seconds. It must take longer for the Taurus mags to load. Removing the benefit of larger mags.

I can’t detect any other benefits over existing designs. .22 pistols are plinkers. The more plinking you can do, the better I like it...

Get a Ultimate Clip loader.

https://www.mcfaden.com/McFadden-Machine-Ultimate-cliploader-s/1827.htm

Once you get it dialed in you can load Ruger MK mags in about three seconds.

Texas Heat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2017
    Houston, TX
    I guess I should update since I already did in a different post....

I bought the TX22 after I shot it and loved it. My kids shot it and loved it. I now own 2 TX22s. The fact they had $50 rebates and came to $200 each was even better. It takes all ammo that I have tried so far. I have not run it suppressed yet. I like that you can fire as fast as you want and it keeps up without jamming, common in a lot of 22s. I did notice the POI was a little to the left. I was thinking am I really pulling it....turns out it is adjustable and came a little to the left. Fixed in a couple seconds.

Karver17

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2023
    Roanoke, TX
    Mine had a few hiccups in the first box of bulk and seemed to have broken itself in
    Several thousand rounds of bulk and it works like a dream although accuracy isn't the absolute best.
    For the price? It's literally fine.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Robert Harrell
    Top Bottom