• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Byaah_19

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    DFW
    I was planning on going to the Big Town Gun Show this weekend and was talking to my little brother about it. He told me that the sign in front of Big Town said that it is the last big Town gun show to be held there. Does anyone know about this or why they wont be having gun shows there anymore?
    Venture Surplus ad

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I was planning on going to the Big Town Gun Show this weekend and was talking to my little brother about it. He told me that the sign in front of Big Town said that it is the last big Town gun show to be held there. Does anyone know about this or why they wont be having gun shows there anymore?

Big Town has been scheduled for demolition for years now.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Dang it. Out of town. I would have liked to be there. Been to that show at least a dozen times.

Byaah_19

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    DFW
    Yea this is the one I fequent the most since I live in mesquite. Its only about a five minute drive from my house. I will miss it but at least I get to go to the last show there and its my birthday so I know I will be buying something just not sure what yet.

Ryanvikingarmory

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2012
    Savannah
    I believe the owners sold the building. That was a pretty central location for DFW gunshow goers.
    Im sure the organizers will try to find another site nearby.

GPtwins

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Sachse, Tx
    I went to the Big Town gun show today. There was a pretty good turnout and general sense of loss. Seems everyone likes the Big Town location. I can attest to that. It always seemed well attended.

I picked up a tactical scope and handle rail for my AR and some bulk .223 from Good To Go. Overall I had a nice time and will miss this location. Maybe the Allen location will grow to fill the void.

-Glen, Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Byaah_19

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    DFW
    SO I went to the show today. It was so hot!!! I think the AC was non existant. All in all I had a good time. I picked up a Remington 870 12G that looks like it had never been shot from a guy for $220. I also got a magwell and new VZ grips for my sig 1911. Also I have been wanting a ZT knife and finally picked one up for $75 otd from a guy who was buying another knife at the booth that I was standing at. The knife he was looking at was a really nice Emerson that was pretty expensive. He showed me his ZT that he was carrying and we worked out a deal so he could buy he emerson. Had a lot of fun. Bye Bye Big Town

RickP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    far East Plano
    I think the repair of the A/C units, etc. cost too much to maintain. That was pretty obvious given that there were floor units all over the place. It is indeed a shame as Big Town was my favorite show. It was close, had good prices, and had plenty of traffic. Well, onto another show location..............

Top Bottom