• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    They just banned the import of all Russian made ammo and firearms. No more Tula, Brown Bear, or the like. :mad:

Military Camp

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Well AK's just got more expensive to shoot.
    Hopefully, it encourages US manufactures to start pumping out 7.62 and 5.45 by the millions like they do 5.56.

You can reload the round, but the components aren't exactly plentiful. Especially right now. The cheap steal case ammo market took away a lot of the demand for reloading components. The fact that .220" and .310" bullets aren't really used in any other common cartridges makes that issue even worse.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Hopefully, it encourages US manufactures to start pumping out 7.62 and 5.45 by the millions like they do 5.56.

You can reload the round, but the components aren't exactly plentiful. Especially right now. The cheap steal case ammo market took away a lot of the demand for reloading components. The fact that .310" bullets aren't really used in any other common cartridges makes that issue even worse.
    I was thinking some of the British and maybe some of the Japanese cartridges used that diameter of bullet?

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I was thinking some of the British and maybe some of the Japanese cartridges used that diameter of bullet?

Those are .311" - .312", which probably could work without too much of an issue. You're kind of limited to heavier bullets though. 7.62x39 generally stays around 122-123gr. I think there are 150gr loads out there though. .303 and 7.7 generally runs between 150-200gr.

I have some .312" bullets. I think I have both 150gr and 174gr on hand. I might have to try loading them into 7.62x39 and see if they even run. Mainly out curiosity. I was lucky enough to stock up on a lot of .310" bullets before the panic.

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    So punish the little man because the big baby wants to pout and make a political gesture.
    Thanks, democrats, for fucking it up for us yet again.
    Only the blue morons can "retaliate" against Russkis by punishing millions of Americans.
    Yeah, makes sense. Sheesh. SMDH

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    I thought that ban was in place since Obama? Doesn't all of our "russian" ammo, manufactured there, or not, come from surrounding areas?

Is this REALLY an issue, or are we just starting another panic?

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Those are .311" - .312", which probably could work without too much of an issue. You're kind of limited to heavier bullets though. 7.62x39 generally stays around 122-123gr. I think there are 150gr loads out there though. .303 and 7.7 generally runs between 150-200gr.

I have some .312" bullets. I think I have both 150gr and 174gr on hand. I might have to try loading them into 7.62x39 and see if they even run. Mainly out curiosity. I was lucky enough to stock up on a lot of .310" bullets before the panic.
    Maybe we can hope since when that supply drys up, that the reloading suppliers may fill the void by offering reloading components for those cartridges.

I agree. Ammo in certain cartridges were so cheap for many years, it just didn't make a lot of sense to reload for them. Maybe this could cause a new trend.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I thought that ban was in place since Obama? Doesn't all of our "russian" ammo, manufactured there, or not, come from surrounding areas?

Is this REALLY an issue, or are we just starting another panic?
    It's going to start a panic regardless, and even if it can still be imported, the importers are likely to jack up the prices.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Most panics are artificial for the most part, and not rooted in reality.

Just think of the toilet paper panic of last year!

Saw a guy in the WalMart parking lot, with his pickup truck bed loaded with cases of toilet paper, with a poster board sign selling them for $5 a roll.

Neckbearders are rejoicing right now, or will be once this becomes more commonly known information.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Poof.... 7.62x39 gone from major online sites.

Yea I checked just to see if it started, and sure enough...

I bought 1k rounds a couple weeks ago, so I'm good for now and I checked the site I got em off of and they're still in stock. $301 shipped from them so I'm soon they'll be out by tonight.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Many of us have expected eventual 'gun control by ammunition control'... this is it... The Russian manufactured stuff is just the low hanging fruit!

Online sales as interstate commerce (Commerce Clause) may likely be the next federal attack on ammunition availability.

True, or not, I dunno, but MrGunsNGear claims 40-45% of all ammunition sold in the U.S. comes from Russia...

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    So punish the little man because the big baby wants to pout and make a political gesture.
    Thanks, democrats, for fucking it up for us yet again.
    Only the blue morons can "retaliate" against Russkis by punishing millions of Americans.
    Yeah, makes sense. Sheesh. SMDH
    Since it mainly hurts folks who are already against Biden, the Democrats, and the Left, we are just icing on the cake. In other words, it is a benefit of the retaliation against the Russians.

Top Bottom