• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hard shot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2009
    bertram
    News just reported because of the shooting on Foot Hood they will
    mandate that all guns will be registurd with out fall or you will go to jail.
    Anyone that goes and hunts on the base will have to register thier firearms our any civilians that has contracts with the base will have to registure thier firearms all soldiers that has firearms that is bought and stored off the base will have to registure their firearms.kvue 24 and kxane36
    both reported it this evening
    DK Firearms

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Once again go after an inanimate object rather then focus on the human cause. I often wonder if I will ever see anyone in government grow a pair.:banghead:

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Contractors have to register personal firearms even if the do not carry on post?

Sounds like military people will have to. We don't need more laws to read, we need to use common sense to weed out people like the Ft. Hood shooter. Hell, all he was missing was a siren and flashing light.

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Do some more research, the new policy simply reenforces DOD policy. It says nothing about registering a firearm if you DO NOT live on post! The registration of personal firearms owned by military service members LIVING ON POST has always been required.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    A better idea would be to register muslims, mosques, imams, and place FBI agents 24 hours a day to watch and investigate same. They who feel threatened may find tickets at any airline counter to depart to the country of their choice....

We are at war, have been almost ten years, they attacked the US, not we them.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    A better idea would be to register muslims, mosques, imams, and place FBI agents 24 hours a day to watch and investigate same. They who feel threatened may find tickets at any airline counter to depart to the country of their choice....

We are at war, have been almost ten years, they attacked the US, not we them.

Yup, let's register the real problem.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Do some more research, the new policy simply reenforces DOD policy. It says nothing about registering a firearm if you DO NOT live on post! The registration of personal firearms owned by military service members LIVING ON POST has always been required.

This is true.

And any command demanding everyone "register" their personal firearms on base even if they do not live on base should speak to JAG

SWJewellTN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    LaVergne,TN
    This is true.

And any command demanding everyone "register" their personal firearms on base even if they do not live on base should speak to JAG
    The difference is that military personnel sign their individual rights over to the military/government. Your body becomes their property for the period for which you enlist. You have only the rights that they give you.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    The difference is that military personnel sign their individual rights over to the military/government. Your body becomes their property for the period for which you enlist. You have only the rights that they give you.

Umm. My husband was USNA and active duty Navy. We are well aware of what service entails.

Again I repeat, if your command demands that all firearms be "registered" or "reported" even if you live off base contact your JAG. This has been done before and it has be squashed before.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Agreed with Shorts, When I was active duty, most of the recreational shooters stored there personnel weapons off of base at a buds house. Namely because the armorer has to be in the armory to sign out your weapon so you can hunt or shoot. And never did see him in there on weekends. Or early enough to go out before dawn to hunt.

SWJewellTN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    LaVergne,TN
    Umm. My husband was USNA and active duty Navy. We are well aware of what service entails.

Again I repeat, if your command demands that all firearms be "registered" or "reported" even if you live off base contact your JAG. This has been done before and it has be squashed before.
    The point is that you are granted that right, which is why you can go to the JAG: however, any of those rights can be suspended.

Example that relates to the Navy: A sailor who got sunburned too bad to perform his duties was court-martialed for "Destruction of Military Property" which means his body was considered the property of the military.

Do you have freedom of speech? Nope. Go tell your CO what you REALLY think of one of his/her decisions and see if you do. Think you have freedom of assembly? Nope. They can give you a lawful order to stay away from someone.

You sign your rights away when you enlist, and they give you the rights that they think are appropriate.

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    The point is that you are granted that right, which is why you can go to the JAG: however, any of those rights can be suspended.

Example that relates to the Navy: A sailor who got sunburned too bad to perform his duties was court-martialed for "Destruction of Military Property" which means his body was considered the property of the military.

Do you have freedom of speech? Nope. Go tell your CO what you REALLY think of one of his/her decisions and see if you do. Think you have freedom of assembly? Nope. They can give you a lawful order to stay away from someone.

You sign your rights away when you enlist, and they give you the rights that they think are appropriate.

Unless you have somebody that you know personally that this has happened to, I call BS... 11 years on Active Duty and counting, this is nothing more than a sea story.... As for suspending your rights, again BS, you just have different channels you must go through. I am getting tired of the twisting of the truth in regards to what it means to serve in regards to "suspending your rights"...

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas

DH was a LegalO. He very often told the CO what he thought of his decisions ;)

As for your sunburned sailor, that goes under "unfit for duty" especially if said sailor had to go to sick call....malingering? A sailor would be in trouble just the same if he showed up for work, drunk.

Yes the Command can give orders. This has been tried before at Campbell, Bliss and was rescinded. Now they're trying it at Hood.

Here's an interesting, current thread: Zombie Squad • View topic - Mandatory Fort Hood Gun Registration

Ignore the forum title and focus on the content ;)

It's an interesting debate for sure. With the precedent set already twice, best course of action is to contact JAG.

SWJewellTN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    LaVergne,TN
    Unless you have somebody that you know personally that this has happened to, I call BS... 11 years on Active Duty and counting, this is nothing more than a sea story.... As for suspending your rights, again BS, you just have different channels you must go through. I am getting tired of the twisting of the truth in regards to what it means to serve in regards to "suspending your rights"...
    I was in the Marine Corps a bit before you were, and the example given was during WWII. Call BS somewhere else.

gladi8r

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    I was in the Marine Corps a bit before you were, and the example given was during WWII. Call BS somewhere else.

Im calling bs as well I was in the Marine Corps recently and they are still telling us that theyre was a navy man who got sunburnt and was charged for destruction of goverment property. You cant beleive everything the goverment tells you. If this did happen during WWII that was then and we are living in the now. You still have rights when you enter the military more so today than ever. Who woulda ever thought that the Marines would hand out stress cards in boot camp now a days. I wouldnt have when I was in but they are doing it.

SWJewellTN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    LaVergne,TN
    Well, what can I say? I can't prove it, so I guess the only thing to say is good luck with asserting your rights, (as a civilian does every day), each and every time they are violated.

BTW: Do they allow you to post from the brig? I want to know how that works out for you.

Top Bottom