• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    I doubt itll happen too but the way things have been going the last couple years Ive given up on thinking something is impossible. If the NICS was shut down that would basically be revoking our right to bear arms so I cant see how it could stand but stranger things have happened with this administration.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Email from NICS this evening said no shut down...it's a hoax.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    EEK, looks like I got my M&P in the NICS of time...
    ibrcvG3pszzmDP.jpg

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    Cutting off over 3/4 of the US population from going to a store an purchasing a firearm would be a tipping point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

tx_transplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Greenville, TX
    Email from NICS this evening said no shut down...it's a hoax.

Harvested elsewhere:
    [h=5]-----Original Message-----
    [mailto:owner-nicsfflupdates@listserv.leo.gov] On Behalf Of Koch, Krista
    L.
    Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2013 4:42 PM
    To: 'nicsfflupdates@leo.gov'
    Cc: Brown, Harold F.; Montgomery, Jill A.; Brown, Kimberly J.; Moore,
    Eric M. (CK)(FBI)
    Subject: [NICSFFLUPDATES] NICS Service

Good evening-

This email is being sent to dispel any information that you may be
    receiving that the NICS will be out of service in the next 24 hours. At
    this time, there are no expected outages or maintenance of the NICS
    scheduled. The NICS is available and operating under normal hours of
    service.

Krista Koch
    FBI/CJIS/NICS
    Liaison Unit Chief
    304 625-7333[/h]

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    How much could I get for a FTF NICS-free Beretta, Glock, HK or Colt if they shut it down?

Might be time to sell the xtra guns I never shoot to the suckers who never bothered to get a CHL.

Blah hoax I wanted to cash in.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    Someone who knows better than I can respond, but wasn't the law written such that there are 3 days to complete the NICS check and if there is no disapproval the transfer goes ahead as planned?? Aka you're not getting approved when they run your name instead your didnt get disapproved. If so shutting down NICS would mean that guns become more widely available as nobody could get disapproved.

bcannon87

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2011
    East Texas
    Someone who knows better than I can respond, but wasn't the law written such that there are 3 days to complete the NICS check and if there is no disapproval the transfer goes ahead as planned?? Aka you're not getting approved when they run your name instead your didnt get disapproved. If so shutting down NICS would mean that guns become more widely available as nobody could get disapproved.

You are partially correct. If the FFL receives a delayed response back from the NICS there is a three day waiting period if after three days there is not a response the firearm can be transferred. However if after the three days have passed and the firearm has been transferred and a denied response is received the FFL must call the ATF and notify them.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    You are partially correct. If the FFL receives a delayed response back from the NICS there is a three day waiting period if after three days there is not a response the firearm can be transferred. However if after the three days have passed and the firearm has been transferred and a denied response is received the FFL must call the ATF and notify them.

So, if you cannot get anyone on the phone or the system is down, the 3 day waiting period wouldn't even come into effect.

tango5seven

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    DFW
    I thought we had at least one more season. I agree though it's not going to be the same without Ziva.
    ]

Ohhhh. Stop your babycryin'......

"Cote de Pablo (Ziva David) has recently come to a deal with NCIS on a new two-year deal to return to the CBS hit show which means the entire team is complete agin for season nine. She was the last cast member without a deal so her signing makes next season complete.
    Deadline reports that de Pablo will actually get a big raise and earn about $120,000 per episode which now makes her salary comparable to that of Pauley Perrette (Abby). A big cash signing bonus is also coming her way. "

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk when i should have been doing something useful

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    3 Business days , not including the day the background check was called in or Saturday, Sunday or Holidays.

Top Bottom