No permanent residence

Midlifer

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jan 17, 2013
Here's one for the Hive.

I accepted a contract for a job in the ME and 3 days before my departure my wife had me served with divorce papers (totally surprised). Last week, I received from my lawyer the decree proposal that takes away my Houston residence - we never separated nor do I have any other property in Texas.

Im planning on coming back to Texas in early April do deal with some legal issues and look for a job come July when this one is over. What do I do about my CHL and Drivers license and change of address? I don't have a permanent Texas address anymore unless I can get my none too soon ex to allow it, which given the last 3.5 months is very unlikely.

I have an option to stay another 18 months but this place sucks.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jan 3, 2010
Occupied Texas
You have a lawyer who should be answering such questions. Who is holding your possessions - esp. your firearms? If it's the soon-to-be-ex, they could be gone.

Divorce is not fun - and I can say that from experience. Your attorney should be working to protect your assets; I guarantee that her attorney will go after you like a wolf after a piece of meat.

GPtwins

Well-Known
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mar 15, 2009
Sachse, Tx
When my buddy was working in Japan he arranged to renew his driver's license and have it mailed to my house. The next time he was in town I handed him his TxDL. I did the same for his amateur radio renwal and my Brother's FCC license.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May 28, 2008
Ft Worth, TX
Here's one for the Hive.

I accepted a contract for a job in the ME and 3 days before my departure my wife had me served with divorce papers (totally surprised). Last week, I received from my lawyer the decree proposal that takes away my Houston residence - we never separated nor do I have any other property in Texas.

Im planning on coming back to Texas in early April do deal with some legal issues and look for a job come July when this one is over. What do I do about my CHL and Drivers license and change of address? I don't have a permanent Texas address anymore unless I can get my none too soon ex to allow it, which given the last 3.5 months is very unlikely.

I have an option to stay another 18 months but this place sucks.

What do you mean "takes away my residence"?

Just keep you current Texas address unless there is an order that requires you not live there. Then use your out if state address if that happens before you move back to Texas.

By the way, two things. This is not AR15.com, no hive here, and welcome to the forum

Midlifer

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jan 17, 2013
My lawyer got the judge to order her to keep my firearms in the safe at the house. I had to hire a mover and rent a storage locker from public storage, not idea what I still own as I'm 9000 miles away.

Ive asked my lawyer,he doesn't know and I'm mostly concerned about my CHL. Neither licenses expire until 2015, but I'm worried about my ex wife perhaps turning me in for not notifying the address change. Yes, when I was in the Navy, my grandparents were my permanent residence until they passed away, then it was my wife.

It would feel weird to ask a friend if I could use their address. I'm a little long in the tooth for that now.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Every Day Man
Shroud
Shroud

Latest posts