• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    They sell them separately now. I wish they came with them still though since I keep the mags loaded and stored. The dust cover keeps the pressure off the feed lips. Might not be a huge deal in the short term, but in the long term, it should keep the feed lips from deforming.

TSU45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2008
    San Marcos, Tx
    The MOEs don't come with them. Kind of like the moe grips not having the cores or the moe stocks not having the friction locks. All about reducing the price point. Magpul ships the M3 with the dust covers included, buy those if you want them. I lose most of them so it isn't a big deal for me, but they have them however you want.

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    They sell them separately now. I wish they came with them still though since I keep the mags loaded and stored. The dust cover keeps the pressure off the feed lips. Might not be a huge deal in the short term, but in the long term, it should keep the feed lips from deforming.
    They are designed to push the rounds down slightly when clipped on so that the feed lips aren't holding all the tension of a fully-compressed spring with all rounds loaded. Just curious - how much are they asking for just the cover?

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    They are designed to push the rounds down slightly when clipped on so that the feed lips aren't holding all the tension of a fully-compressed spring with all rounds loaded. Just curious - how much are they asking for just the cover?

The link is above... roughly $1.25 a piece.

sent from deep space

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    I do use them. I can hear the ammo shifting upwards towards the feed lips when I remove the cover. Seems as if they work as intended. I've never stored loaded pmags without them so I can only assume they work. Then again, I've never been worried about storing pistol mags fully loaded...

JimmyB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    Tomball, TX
    Yup just the Gen 2's that dont come with them, gen 3's still do. I bought a couple packs at Cypress Armory the other day, 3 for like $3.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Chasewhat0
    Top Bottom