• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    My first rifle was a Noble Bolt action 22 S/L/LR. I still have it and have always wondered about the company and when it was made. Anyone have any info or can you point me in the right direction?
    Texas SOT

Charley

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    Nobles were built in Massachusetts, and went belly up sometime in the early 1970s, I think. Much of their line was made up of pretty basic, everyday "working guns", or boy's rifles. I've got a Noble 20F I was given, in fairlly rough shape. The bore is good, but that was all. I'm in the process of refinishing it, so far I've polished and rust blued the barrel/reciever, refinished the stock (looks like maple), and am getting ready to nitre blue the triggerguard, bolt handle, and screws. This one is pre GCA '68, no serial. Figure it will go to the first grandkid.

Not much info out there on Noble.

nHisgrasp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2009
    Noble 20F

Just finished reading your note, Charley. Just received an old 20F from a family member. Would like to restore it a little before giving to my youngest son. There's some rusting on the barrel, bolt, etc. Can you either recommend a site or share with me yourself, how to remove the rust, and reblue the rifle? I think I can handle restoring the stock, but don't know much about restoring the metal. Any help would be appreciated...

Top Bottom