nokia theater grand prairie

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Longtooths, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Longtooths

Longtooths Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Irving, Texas
    Does anyone know if you can conceal carry here? I am going to a show this evening and do not relish walking in the parking lot after dark, unarmed.

2. mac79912

mac79912 Well-Known

Mar 4, 2008
    I won't tell if you don't.;)

3. DrBart2

DrBart2 Active Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Burleson
    I went to the American Airlines center for a Christmas concert and found that they had metal detectors at the doors. Soooo, I had to go back to my car for a moment.:mad::rolleyes:

4. Longtooths

Longtooths Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Irving, Texas
    I posted this question on a few boards and no one seems to have a definitive answer. I have heard that there are metal detectors at some concerts and events. But if I have CCL and there are no 30.06 signage, I would think they would have to let me through or object then.

Not sure what I am going to do at this point.

5. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Could try giving them a call?

6. Longtooths

Longtooths Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Irving, Texas
    Bah! I did, all weapons are prohibited for all events.

7. DrBart2

DrBart2 Active Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Burleson
    Yeah, I believe you would be treated with great alarm and disdain if you tried to reason with them about your CCW. Kind of like they do at Six Flags when they catch you with a tiny knife. I had a cheapo that had a two inch blade on it and they acted as if I was planning on going on a mass murder spree in the park!!! They were very rude to me and treated me poorly. I was with a large group so I just let them have the knife instead of leaving. I haven't back to the park since.

8. Longtooths

Longtooths Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Irving, Texas
    So I went to the concert last night, Riverdance at Nokia. I saw a NO FIREARMS ALLOWED sign but that was it. Also there were no metal detectors present.

I talked to a few friends that have been there to see rock and rap concerts and they tell me that there were metal detectors there for those events.

I guess Riverdance is not a high threat of violence event. LOL

9. DrBart2

DrBart2 Active Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Burleson
    I don't know. Those metal taps on the dancers shoes could become deadly projectiles!!!:rofl:
    Not too keen on leaving my protection out in the car, I guess if I go to Nokia Theater I will go ahead and carry but return to my car if the metal detectors are present.

10. brainiac

brainiac Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Parker County

This is my philosophy also; I am scrupulous in keeping the letter of the law with regard to concealed carry but in return expect compliance to the law of others - so if there's no red "51" or legal 30.06 sign then they can post all the cutesy "no firearms" signs they want, but I'm walking in with mine.