• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    The order allows the Adjutant General of the Virgin Islands to seize private property they believe necessary to protect the islands
    Ignoring the issues of commandeering private property, how the hell are firearms and ammo going to help them protect the islands from the hurricane? They gonna shoot?

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Are U.S. Citizens in U.S. Territories not subject to (and possessed of) the full protections of the U.S. Constitution? If the answer is "yes", then the Governor's order would seem extralegal, to put it nicely.

EDIT: Due to Supreme Court precedent (known as The Insular Cases), unincorporated territories of the United States do not have the same constitutional rights as we are familiar with in the States. Given this fact, it's NOT appropriate to compare what is or may happen in the USVI with what did happen in NOLA during and after Katrina.

Last edited:

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    From that article it almost sounds like he needs them to shoot people, albeit idiots, on surfboards. Not really clear on the reasoning.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I am sure the rationale here is to prevent people from using guns to rob and loot. But, in an unexpected turn of events, criminals don't follow the law (shocking, I know). So, all they'll have is a bunch of armed looters, and defenseless citizens. :( Should work out well.

Seems to be following standard logic to me...

boomgoesthedynamite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2013
    Sachse (NE DFW)
    I read the article as more of they don't have enough guns and ammo to mobilize the guard and so they make take private guns and ammo. At least there, losing everything in a boating accident is plausible.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Test run.

My concern too. Just using the 'declared state of emergency' as an excuse. The courts do need to get involved to put a stop to these kinds of unconstitutional decrees.
    Article says Congress passed a law after Katrina and the New Orleans fiasco; kinda wondering why that hasn't brought Gov. Mapp to heal?

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Funny how my firearms can be temporarily misplaced under such circumstances.

Problem is, they have a gun registration there, so misplaced firearms don't quite work. (at least for the law abiding type. I'd guess the bad guys have unregistered ones)

Top Bottom