• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    I have tried numerous times to sign one of their petitions and they won't go thru. I've tried emailing them with the latest time today and it was returned, mailbox full. They need to get their stuff in a sack.
    ARJ Defense ad

Texan-in-Training

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Rockdale, Texas
    I contacted GOA about the problems I was having with their "Take Action" links whenever they would e-mail me with a letter writing campaign. Once I'd enter my personal info, it was "game over" and the little wheel would spin forever while blaming the high number of responses.
    This was on an HP notebook, running Windows 10 and Firefox. If I went through all the grief of entering the URL into Safari on my ancient iPad, it worked like a charm and went through.
    Anyhow, their IT guy is trying to solve the problem and here's an excerpt from an e-mail I received from him yesterday...

“Thanks for providing that information!

I apologize for the extended delay; I've made several attempts at copying your browser configuration and reproducing the problem, but have had no luck so far.

I will keep this on my todo list until I figure out how to fix it, but I can't promise to allocate very much time to it during the next month or two (due to the busy election season).

If the topic comes up again on any of the forums you frequent, please suggest that others with the same problem contact us and provide their browser and operating system and request the information be passed along to IT (to ensure that I see it). Hopefully I'll be able to spot a common thread among the people encountering this problem.

Once again, I'm sorry I haven't found a fix to this yet, but I'll keep plugging away at it and trying different things as much as time allows.”

So if you feel like it, they could use help from anyone that might be experiencing problems like this ("contact us" link). My understanding from the IT guy is that they "farm-out" the "Take Action" stuff to an outside contractor, so fixing it might require some extra effort.
    Probably if I didn't use Firefox, I wouldn't have the issue, but I'll be damned if I use "Chrome" or any of the other information gathering browsers.
    Sorry for the long post, but GOA may be one of the only organizations fighting for our rights that have enough clout for politicians to pay attention to.

Top Bottom