• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gsxrchad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Does anyone have experience in reloading .223 and .308 with Norma powder? I usually use Varget, but availability is hard. I found a vendor with Norma 200 and 201 in stock.

I REALLY want to try CFE223, but I cannot find any. The CFS is ball and Varget is extruded and hates my 550B.

How does the Norma powder work and is it ball or extruded?

Thanks!

C
    Lynx Defense

Paul5388

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Rusk County
    Norma powders are also found as the Reloder series from Alliant. It clearly says it is made in Sweden on the Alliant container. This has been the case since at least 1988. Back in the 1970s I used N205, that was later replaced by MRP, but I haven't used any since then. N205 was an extruded tube that weighed without a problem. I believe they are all in the same shape and they are all double based, however I haven't kept up with them as much as I did 40 years ago.

Rottweil, RWS, powder is also the same as Norma powder, but they use a different numbering system.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    NO. But I have not found much powder of any flavor lately, although primers are getting easier to find (except for CCI No. 41)

Am using up the last of my 1 lb Win 748 and AA2230 canisters for .223/5.56. Then, I'll have to try the BLC-(2).

Will experiment with some Reloder-15 for 77gr SMKs tomorrow.

Have heard H335 works well with heavier .224 bullets, but have not seen any of that anywhere.

If you can find a safe published Norma load in a manual, give it a try and report your results.

Good luck and happy shooting!

Top Bottom