• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Sent my Neos back to Beretta because it had fail to fire issues out of the box. I go online to check the status and it has Shown recieved for nearly 2 weeks Which means they have it but have not begun any service, its just there. Is this normal, and if it is, whats the deal. i understand waiting for a part or something but seems like they would try to get it back to me as quickly as possible, the fact it hasn't been touched is a little frustrating.
    Guns International

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    Factory repairs (with any company) are hit or miss. In my experience: STI, one week. Colt, twelve weeks. SiG, six months. Taurus, fifteen months and counting (and that is just to replace one specialty bolt).

Alex

Chrs2fer23

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    El Paso,Tx
    Taurus, fifteen months and counting (and that is just to replace one specialty bolt).

That is just unacceptable in my eyes........

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Did you Call them up and check the status and lead time?
    It's your gun and worth the call. They should be willing to tell you.

Kingsnake

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Houston
    Give them at least 2 more weeks.

Beretta did a complete rebuild for me on a stainless 92 in 2010 with a 4 week turn around time, so you are still on schedule.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Best turn-around time I ever had with factory repair was FIVE days: Pro-Ordnance in Havasu City, AZ (now part of Bushmaster, now part of ...?).

Worst turn-around time was with Taurus (Twelve Weeks), but I got a brand new gun and it has run perfectly ever since.

Ruger did the LCP in Eight days, and Smith & Wesson did one for me in Ten days.

All depends on company priorities, number of recalls/back-log, and company money in the bank to fix defective firearms.

Having said all that, guns sold since William Jefferson Clinton have a higher probability of needing factory repair than in any other time.

The reason is quite simple: An administration unfriendly to gun ownership forced gun manufacturers to modify their products in so many ways and so quickly that quality suffered.

Good luck & be well.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Called beretta today and they told me they are currently running about a 5 week turnaround time. I may be impatient but it seems that manufacturers are losing sight of real customer service, it tool half an hour on hold just to be told that i would not be able to use something i spent my hard earned money on for 5 weeks after the purchase becouse they did not make it right. I wonder if manufacturers would have near as many faulty firearms if they had a direct exchange policy. As for a 15 month wait, i don't know how you do it, that really is rediculous. Maybe I am expecting to much or being unreasonable but with the number of rimfires out there with out of the box problems it seems like the manufacturers just don't care.

Deavis

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Austin
    I may be impatient but it seems that manufacturers are losing sight of real customer service

4-6 weeks isn't unusual, I wouldn't be upset. Sig took 6 months to fix my 226 and Taurus took 2 weeks to fix my PT. Did you ask for a timeline when you sent the gun in? Myabe setting expectations up front would have helped avoid getting upset and remember, this isn't some commodity where you send it in to a monster mega company and they send you a new one to replace it. I think sometimes customers lose sight of how long it actually takes to diagnose and fix problems because they are used to the instant gratification of Wal-Mart style returns and 2-day Amazon prime shipping. Not personal.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    4-6 weeks isn't unusual, I wouldn't be upset. Sig took 6 months to fix my 226 and Taurus took 2 weeks to fix my PT. Did you ask for a timeline when you sent the gun in?

I asked when i took it back to academy but they don't keep track of any turn around times, called this morning and got the 5 week time, I know it's not that bad compared to other wait times, just frustrating.

Top Bottom