• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigRed82

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    Austin
    Hey all! I'll be moving from Norman to Austin this coming August to go to UT law, and I figured I should get acquainted with some neighborly Texas gun enthusiasts. Some may know me by the same screen name from Sigforum, glocktalk, or okshooters. I'm looking forward to my time with you all, and I look forward to calling Texas "home".
    Capitol Armory ad

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Congrats on getting out of Norman. You see so many less sooner cars in South Texas than in Norman. Congrats on the law school, btw

: )
    (I'm an OSU grad, myself, so if I kid you . . . its all in good fun)

BigRed82

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    Austin
    Thanks all! Robin, thanks for the link! Is the Austin Rifle Club the main outdoor gun range/club in the area? If so, I will definitely be considering a membership.

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    For heavens sake do not mention you own guns to any student or faculty member at UT. You will be very quickly labeled an extremist. You will have an easier time finding a study partner if you had Leprosey.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    For heavens sake do not mention you own guns to any student or faculty member at UT.
    Why? I'd tell everyone... We shouldn't be afraid of our hobbies. Yes, some people will flip out and try to shun you, but there will be other folks that will identify with you. We need to speak up and be proud and not be afraid to show who we are. You're not doing anything wrong... no reason to hide it. Don't let the liberal zombies shun you.

BTW, my girlfriend works at UT and has a picture of me with my MSAR on her desk. I gave it to her secretly hoping people would give her grief over it, but she says everyone loves the picture. I'm pleasantly surprised.

Oh yeah, welcome to Texas
    I know a guy in Norman, OK... he's into funny Italian cars and he's named Ron. Don't know him do you?

BigRed82

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    Austin
    Can't say I know any Norman residents driving Italian cars.

As far as Austin not being "Texas", that's probably an ok thing for me. I'm a political centrist, so purple is good. :)

Top Bottom