oh-shit-19.jpg

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Uh, oh.

They realized they couldn't reach us over here so they had to switch it up to Japan.

If we do have to retaliate I hope we don't send a single ground troop in or do any reconstruction. That's what their neighbors are for, not us.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Uh, oh.

They realized they couldn't reach us over here so they had to switch it up to Japan.

If we do have to retaliate I hope we don't send a single ground troop in or do any reconstruction. That's what their neighbors are for, not us.

Japan has been taunting them and daring them to wake the "sleeping giant" that they awoke in WWII.

If N. Korea were to attack first it would be an all out Artillery Strike that would obliterate Seoul and all the military installations in South Korea. They have the artillery to complete such a strike and it is already aimed at the targets they intend to strike and has been for decades. But N. Korea is smart enough not to try anything because their little skid-mark on the underwear of the planet is too important to them for them to risk taking them to the cleaners.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    When I was a small boy, we fought those bastards and had Hell with them. It wasn't so much fighting N Korea, but their alliance with Red China gave us Hell! I knew some Korean Vets and remember their stories of incredible cold and Human Wave assaults. It wasn't pretty and, as you probably know, ended in a truce at the 38th parallel between N&S Korea.

Be damned careful about what you wish for. We put some years and a lot of blood on Korean soil.

Flash

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    Putting on my Jack Ryan hat here...

Kimmy may be trying to consolidate power and assert himself as a leader, but the extent to which he's had to ratchet up the rhetoric suggests it isn't working. NK is being run by the military leadership and members of his own family (aunt and uncle from his dad's side, I think). Kimmy is being used as a puppet to distract the Nork peasants while the military methodically conducts a silent coup. At some point, Kimmy gets a bullet in the head and the U.S., SK, or Japan, aliens maybe, will be blamed for the assassination and the Nork peasants and low-rank military will go apeshit. SHTF, NK gets "liberated", the Kim dynasty will be over, and a high-ranking military figure chosen by China takes over.

Just my wild-assed guess...

Top Bottom