• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    huh, N. Korea and I have something in common. . . . . I wasn't expecting that one.

N. Korea is a country with a tiny economy compared to the US and most of its allies. If it weren't propped up by other countries, this tiny country wouldn't be worth the 5th page.

I spent a year in S Korea and I observed huge shipments of beef and rice cross the DMZ in "aide" to them from guess who...USA.
    The year I was there (2000) we provided more financial aide to N Korea than China or Russia.

We do it to keep them quiet. The people do not eat well, the military siphons most of the food and if they were starving they would be "forced" to act.

http://www.iie.com/publications/opeds/oped.cfm?ResearchID=797http://www.iie.com/publications/opeds/oped.cfm?ResearchID=797

The smart thing for them to do would be to overthrow their dictator and embrace their southern brothers but Kim could just pull the trigger on S Korea in desperation.
    I do not think it would last long but it would definitely destroy Seoul and what is left of N Korea.

They are on the verge of starvation and they are very dangerous.
    Venture Surplus ad

2Shots1Wound

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    Forget North Koreas saber rattling. Pay attention to Japan if they start announcing political moves to alter their constitution. My understanding is that currently their ability to wage war is constrained by policy and law. Public announcements like that are subtle foreign policy messages to China. It reads as follows "Lay the hammer down on your retarded little cronies, or we’re your next problem”. China dreams of their countries ascension. Their will to power is strong and I doubt they would appreciate the delay.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    My understanding is that currently their ability to wage war is constrained by policy and law.

They are constitutionally forbidden any offensive capability or activity. IIRC, the ban on personally-owned firearms is also constitutional.

IMO, allowing the Japanese to do this after the war was wrong in ways that the two nukes we fed them could never be.

Top Bottom