• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Longtooths

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Irving, Texas
    Story here

Why in the hell would they be "investigating whether criminal charges would be filed." There must be something they are not saying. If a criminal advances on you, in the dark, after being found on your property....I say good shoot.

Will be watching this closely.:mad:
    Target Sports

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    They always investigate. If you pop a guy in the leg, then finish him executioner style it's a bit on the manslaughter side. That's why you hit center mass with a large caliber, then while you are consoling your "tears and mental anguish" you remember to call 911 about 45 minutes later.

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    They always investigate.
    Right. In this case, the homeowner claims to have heard noises, found a guy in his back yard, ordered him to stay put, and when he advanced shot him. The police will investigate to determine if the story told by the homeowner coincides with what witnesses report and the forensic evidence. For example, was this actually a drug deal that went sour instead of what the homeowner claims?

If you pop a guy in the leg, then finish him executioner style it's a bit on the manslaughter side.
    I think you have mixed your terms. If you intentionally shoot a person who is not a threat to you, it is called murder, not manslaughter. If a person is still a threat to you such that more lethal force is warranted, it is neither murder or manslaughter.

That's why you hit center mass with a large caliber, then while you are consoling your "tears and mental anguish" you remember to call 911 about 45 minutes later.

There was a Steve Martin comedy routine from the early 1980s about how to earn a million bucks and not pay taxes. Basically, you earn a million bucks and then you don't pay taxes. When they call you in on the matter, you use two magic words that are supposed to absolve you from any wrong doing - two very powerful words - I FORGOT.

It was laughable in the Steve Martin routine and is here as well. Don't count on it working out. I don't think anyone will believe that you were in a shooting or gun fight and then forgot to report the crime to the cops. It is one thing if you are unable to do so. It is another if you are able and then don't and claim it is because you forgot.

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Guilty until proven innocent.Sick world we live in where defending yourself makes you the criminal.I hope it does not go past the grand jury process and the shooting is ruled justified.

Top Bottom