North Texas Gun Attitudes

Shorts

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Mar 28, 2008
Texas
One day I met a guy for this thing. We had a discussion about the attitudes towards gun owners in the general parts of the state. I was somewhat surprised when he said that a particular area of N.TX had a reputation for being unfriendly to gun owners.

By answering this question, if someone does it with enough detail, it ought to confirm the areas named. If not, I'll chalk it up to tall tales.

Is this a fish story or is there some truth to it?

Edit: Adding that I've come across no problems to speak of while up here. In fact, I'm falling in love with TX all over again. I just read an article that had some information I found curious and connected a few dots. That's what brought this post up.

JKTex

Well-Known
Mar 11, 2008
DFW, North Texas
I don't think I can say I've ever heard that, but keep in mind, some areas of northern DFW are heavily, I mean heavily populated by transplants from around the country. When you have the growth we've had from transplants, the culture becomes diluted and all of a sudden, people have a problem with local ways of life because it's different than Chicago, or LA or New York etc. I say, Duh!! Now adapt or go away.

country_boy

TGT Addict
Feb 7, 2009
Round Rock
Dang yankees!!!

I think Dallas is more like San Fran. Austin is getting run down, I was downtown and I was a little surprised to see all the improvements that need to be done. That and all the bums, college, and other people that just standing around on the street corners doing absolutely nothing. Of course maybe some of that isnt new?? I rarely travel into Austin anymore.

sjones

Mar 5, 2008
carrollton,texas
I always heard that anyone from north of the red river is a yankee.I've lived in San Antone,Houston and now Dallas but I refuse to move any farther north.As long as I'm south of the river I'm fine.sj

Texas1911

TGT Addict
May 29, 2017
Austin, TX
Austin is getting run down, I was downtown and I was a little surprised to see all the improvements that need to be done. That and all the bums, college, and other people that just standing around on the street corners doing absolutely nothing. Of course maybe some of that isnt new?? I rarely travel into Austin anymore.
Austin is far from run down. It's had so much growth and new construction downtown that I barely recognize it. I remember when South Congress was nothing but run down hole in the walls and small shops that were populated by crack heads and street urchins late at night. Now it's this upscale trendy area with a new name, "SoCo".

Austin has always had the bums. It's just part of the liberal atmosphere here.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members