• ...and so much more!
  • glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    We were looking for a second car for a few months, almost every dealership had protection packages added to sticker, and we walked out of every one. Finally found the Classic Auto Group in Galveston, they advertise as no dealer add-ons. I talked with salesman, picked out the Honda HR-V we wanted, waited about 6 weeks for it to get built and shipped from Mexico, and paid MSRP. Right now that's a good deal.

CaliGunner

I'm out
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2022
    Texas
    We were looking for a second car for a few months, almost every dealership had protection packages added to sticker, and we walked out of every one. Finally found the Classic Auto Group in Galveston, they advertise as no dealer add-ons. I talked with salesman, picked out the Honda HR-V we wanted, waited about 6 weeks for it to get built and shipped from Mexico, and paid MSRP. Right now that's a good deal.
    What year HR-V did you get? I kind of want a previous gen model (not the new 2023 model).

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    New ones have that start-stop deal. Nissan did the same junk with the 240s, add anything then could to up the $. 25% increase in mpg next year will kill the motors real fast. And all the mid sized autos going to all time 4wd.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Our Toyota dealer wants to buy back my wife’s 2016 Tundra just above the same price we paid for it new.
    It’s quite an attractive offer, but how are we to replace it with a new one when their new vehicle lot is empty?

Why, you buy one of the other cars at inflated prices!

I'm almost sad that none of the car dealerships have reached out asking to buy our Sienna. I'd almost be tickled if they offered more than what I owe, because I wouldn't mind cutting the car payment down, but I'd want to replace it with something that has similar capability (I have to haul around my semi-disabled mother in law, her mobility issues + being 150lb overweight is a bitch - she struggles getting in and out of our van, she wouldn't be able to hardly get out of a sedan, and Lord help us if she tried getting in a pickup - a flatbed tow truck is appealing since I could just winch her & her walker/stool on, and roll her off...) that gets better fuel economy. That'd be a unicorn right now.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Hondas were pretty much MSRP before the shortages weren’t they? Looking through that optic, you paid about what you would have three years ago. Not too shabby

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Not even an F150 with a 700lb lighter body, and a 5L Coyote engine?! :D

The get-up, and NAV/Pandora (in rentals for work) sold me!
    The newer ones are burning oil. There’s a class action filed for 2018-2020 models of the 5.0 for excessive oil consumption. No idea if that will carry over to ‘21/’22 models. If I chose to get an oil burner, it would be a full on diesel, lol. I’ve got a truck with 5.0 coyote, but it’s an older one. Damn thing does get up and go..

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    The newer ones are burning oil. There’s a class action filed for 2018-2020 models of the 5.0 for excessive oil consumption. No idea if that will carry over to ‘21/’22 models. If I chose to get an oil burner, it would be a full on diesel, lol. I’ve got a truck with 5.0 coyote, but it’s an older one. Damn thing does get up and go..

Good god, what does Ford consider excessive oil consumption? Every Ford I've driven with more than 40k on the odom uses a quart every oil change. I'm really curious to know how much they're burning.

GasGuzzler

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2018
    Cooke County, TX
    We are seeing very little issues with the 3.0L diesel or the 2.whatever 4-cylinder turbo. I would not buy either but we're not seeing many issues with them. The F***s might be burning oil but the GMs aren't that we see (not at least since the mid-2000 5.3L's that did).

Two years ago we had 180-200 vehicles on the lot, 70-ish per cent were new. We have a one ton, a 2500, three 1500's, four small SUVs and four mid-size SUVs ... no full size SUVs or cars. Good for service, right? Less new means more repairs on old? Not really. It's slower than it should be right now in this heat.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    1 quart every 3k miles

Heh, that's every Ford I've had or driven for work. My old service truck, an 07 F150 6 cylinder, used a quart every 3000. The 99 and 02 F250's we used to have were the same, they had the V8's. Shit, even my 98 Taurus I had for a while used a quart every 3K miles. I'm genuinely shocked Ford actually gives a shit about that now - maybe because they're advertising 5 or 7K oil changes, vs 3k now?

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Heh, that's every Ford I've had or driven for work. My old service truck, an 07 F150 6 cylinder, used a quart every 3000. The 99 and 02 F250's we used to have were the same, they had the V8's. Shit, even my 98 Taurus I had for a while used a quart every 3K miles. I'm genuinely shocked Ford actually gives a shit about that now - maybe because they're advertising 5 or 7K oil changes, vs 3k now?
    Mine is an 8qt sump. I change oil in all my cars 1k miles per qt, so truck gets it at 8k miles. The oil life indicator is generally ~15-18% at that time. People are getting in trouble because they run it down to near zero at which point they starve the engine of oil. Ferd has a software update to recalc the oil life monitor but then why have such a large capacity sump if you can’t take advantage of it?

Top Bottom