• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    But they look cool!!!! I like how he hits the forward assist before releasing the bolt on one of his attempts!!!! All i can say is he needs training and to learn S.P.O.R.T.S. !!!!!

djspump2003

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Austin
    I guess it makes me paranoid, but if the recoil doesn't feel right and I have any question at all about a squib...break her open, pull out the bolt/carrier and make sure you can see down the barrel.

Just would rather not have a bad day...than look cool

tussery

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    Corpus Christi
    Some say it was a squib, some say it was a double load in the round. The round definitely didn't get resized correctly.

Edit: I see it at 25-30 seconds in the video he pulls the charging handle after a "click" only for a spent cartridge to fly out. The bolt wasn't closing because of the bullet in the barrel. Using the forward assist pushed it in enough to chamber a round.

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Technique taught by Army marksmenship instructors to clear a malfunctioning weapon..
    Slap, Pull, Observe, Release, Tap, Shoot..
    a. Slap upward on the magazine to make sure it is properly seated.

b. Pull the charging handle all the way back.

c. Observe the ejection of the case or cartridge. Look into the chamber and check for obstructions.

d. Release the charging handle to feed a new round in the chamber. Do not ride the charging handle.

e. Tap the forward assist.

f. Shoot. If the rifle still does not fire, inspect it to determine the cause of the stoppage or malfunction and take appropriate remedial action.

chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    Technique taught by Army marksmenship instructors to clear a malfunctioning weapon..
    Slap, Pull, Observe, Release, Tap, Shoot..
    a. Slap upward on the magazine to make sure it is properly seated.

b. Pull the charging handle all the way back.

c. Observe the ejection of the case or cartridge. Look into the chamber and check for obstructions.

d. Release the charging handle to feed a new round in the chamber. Do not ride the charging handle.

e. Tap the forward assist.

f. Shoot. If the rifle still does not fire, inspect it to determine the cause of the stoppage or malfunction and take appropriate remedial action.

He just did S.P.R.T.S.

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    The forward assist should never be used as a forward force. The heel of you hand should never contact the forward assist. Think of it as a thumb button and you will be ok.

The owner just cost himself an upper. Generally the lower will survive such a KB but the upper is gonna be trashed. I had an officer KB his A-3 Colt right in front of me several years ago. Upper receiver, gone. Barrel extension, cracked. Bolt carrier, toast. Luckily, no serious injuries. Bad re-load. A bit heavy on the powder in untrimmed military case. Saving a few bucks on ammo cost him a $500 upper.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom