Target Sports

Not Enough Time To Create a Working Obamacare Site- Rebuttal.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I was reading posts made commentating on the Obamacare roll out issues. Their website is a mess and so far only 50K people have signed up for Obamacare coverage. This post nailed the subject right on the head. The content of the post puts all of the Obama rhetoric into perspective.

NOTE: I try to site my sources when I copy/paste anything. One of the Yahoo responses suggested that this was originally a post on FOX news regarding Obamacare. If any of our members knows the true source of the post, please share it.

Meanwhile, enjoy the words!
    ======================================================

December 7, 1941 to May 8, 1945 is: 3 years, 5 months, 1 day:

The US converted the industrial base from peacetime to wartime production, mobilized and trained millions, built a global logistics system, built tens of thousands of tanks, artillery pieces, planes, jeeps, ships – carriers, cruisers, destroyers, transports, PT Boats, landing craft, - hundreds of thousands of tons of munitions, etc. etc. etc. cleared the Atlantic, turned the tide in North Africa, Invaded Italy and D-Day, Fought across Europe, the Battle of the Bulge, the Race to Berlin, and Germany surrenders - all while also fighting the Japanese in the Pacific and the CBI theaters. All without the internet, computers, faxes, copiers, cell phones, etc. etc. etc.

March 21st 2010 to October 1 2013 is: 3 years, 6 months, 10 days............

Not enough time for this administration to build a working website.
    =======================================================

Flash
    Lynx Defense

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    The problem is not the website, but the other systems they have to interface with. They started out with a huge technical challenge by forcing people to enter personal information to determine their plan cost rather than giving them an estimate upfront. This, of course, was by choice. This meant that to even get an idea of monthly cost you had to create an account, which goes to several government systems. Many of those systems are running very old technology. Legacy systems that have not been updated in a very long time. That is not an insurmountable obstacle in its own right unless you are looking for information that can be accessed and updated in near real-time, which they are.

However, all of it is very doable, especially with a three year time frame. It's a huge project. Yet, speaking as a former software consultant, I would have expected this to be an 18 month to 2 year gig and come in around $50 to $75 million. The real question is how did they blow through over $600 million in 3 years with nothing to show for it?

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Obama is designed not to work ... unless there's blame to assign, then he expertly passes the buck.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I'm unclear why a simple input limit wouldn't work. Take 2 weeks for all of the last names beginning in "A" the two weeks for all of the "B" last names down through the alphabet. Of course, that would have taken prior planning.

Flash

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    The problem is not the website, but the other systems they have to interface with. They started out with a huge technical challenge by forcing people to enter personal information to determine their plan cost rather than giving them an estimate upfront. This, of course, was by choice. This meant that to even get an idea of monthly cost you had to create an account, which goes to several government systems. Many of those systems are running very old technology. Legacy systems that have not been updated in a very long time. That is not an insurmountable obstacle in its own right unless you are looking for information that can be accessed and updated in near real-time, which they are.

However, all of it is very doable, especially with a three year time frame. It's a huge project. Yet, speaking as a former software consultant, I would have expected this to be an 18 month to 2 year gig and come in around $50 to $75 million. The real question is how did they blow through over $600 million in 3 years with nothing to show for it?

Lol go to blue cross blue shield's website. You can get a quote in 10 minutes that accounts for federal subsidies...

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    C'mon, we can't figure out why a .gov website doesn't work right, and .gov can't figure it out and fix it? The problem is right in front of us:

.gov

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    If it does not work, they have one more excuse for bigger .gov

from a non-recovering coffeeholic

You are not wrong. They are continuing to throw money at it to get it to work. There is no way it will be working by the end of the month. Anyone with big IT project experience knows it would have taken them all month just to figure out the integration issues. Fixing it? Not sure, depends on what the integration issues really are.

When the President said it would be up and running by the end of November he was making a promise he couldn't keep. Big shock, I know.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Obama counts on the short memory of the American people. We see him making these promises on tape, then watch him crawfish and kick gravel while trying to say "that's not what I meant." The public is wise to this guy and he is being watched closely. "Fool me once....shame on you. Fool me twice..shame on me" applies here.

Flash

Top Bottom