• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • (Unrelated poll, for shits...) You walk in your wife and another man...

• A. Shoot em both.

Votes: 1 10.0%
    • B. Just the man.

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • C. Just the wife.

Votes: 1 10.0%
    • D. Ask to join.

Votes: 2 20.0%
    • E. Rejoice! Grounds for divorce, I get the house and kids!

Votes: 7 70.0%

• Total voters

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    One of the positive sides to growing up poor is becoming quite resourceful and finding solutions to things that don't seem to have too many solutions.

With that said. We moved into a bigger house this year and my studio/man cave had some preinstalled peg board. I keep my guns locked up, especially when I'm not around, but when I get plenty of time to work on music or hang out in the room, I like to work on my firearms. So I figured I'd hang em up, but I was ill prepared for a peg board and only had a couple of actual peg board hook.

While parsimoniously brainstorming on what I can use to shove in those holes, I realized they seemed to be a similar diameter to a 5.55 bullet. So I shoved one in and low and behold (as my 10th grade reading teacher used to say while reading 'The Odyssey'), not only do they fit, but they are a tight enough fit to squeeze in and seat tightly. Therefore, they are firm as hell. I banged on the peg board a bit to see if they will rattle out, and they do not. I left them up for a couple of weeks to see if time would remove them, and although we'd never be able to measure that, after two weeks, they are still as tight as the first day.

So I figured I'd share this idea. It really goes with the theme. I wouldn't be surprised if someone has done this before, but I couldn't find anything on it. So try it out. Have fun.

God bless.
    IMG_1693.jpg
    DK Firearms

Attachments

• IMG_1693.jpg
      IMG_1693.jpg
      924.2 KB · Views: 471

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Doesn't apply to me, but I would think one answer would be "check the fridge to see if the beer is still there". When I was younger that would be a thought.

I never have to wonder. My three year old keeps sneaking em, thinking they're carbonated apple juice drinks. I can always tell he's had one cause he'll go piss in his brother's shoes, or rock on the rocking horse while singing "Welcome to the Jungle". He's on his way...

Please folks, don't make me clarify this as a joke.

Top Bottom