Not so noob

AzProtector

Aug 11, 2008
Midland, TX
Hi all.

I'm up for a new job in Odessa/Midland and wanted to find a Texas only board. I hang out in other forums, FS, TOL, TB2K, AZs and LighterFighters. Right now, looking to read about local and state issues, find out as much as possible about the people, places and things in Texas as they relate to my favorite hobby.

AzProtector

Aug 11, 2008
Midland, TX
Wow, thanks alot everyone.
So...what are the big firearms issues in Texas?
How's Open Carry coming along?
Castle Doctrine?
I like to write emails to politicians, send faxes, and sign petitions...generally make myself a pain in the politicians butt until they give me what I want. :)

Texas1911

TGT Addict
May 29, 2017
Austin, TX
Wow, thanks alot everyone.
So...what are the big firearms issues in Texas?
How's Open Carry coming along?
Castle Doctrine?
I like to write emails to politicians, send faxes, and sign petitions...generally make myself a pain in the politicians butt until they give me what I want. :)
Open carry is the latest, and most likely, issue that Texas has been pursuing.

Castle Doctrine was put into effect already, and has been strengthened recently after a few cases.

We, for the most part, have been doing alright lately.

Later, when we have more members, I am wanting to start written and signed petitions and other political actions for both local, state, and federal issues.

I personally want to see any and all restrictions removed from suppressors, including background checks. It's nothing more than a muffler; an object designed to save one's hearing.

zembonez

TGT Addict
Feb 22, 2008
Republic of Texas
Greetings!

Welcome to Texas Gun Talk!

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms