• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Cedar Park
    Anyone aware of being able to convert the original predator rifles to use pmags instead of their proprietary 5rders?

Really the magazine is the only gripe I have about the rifle. It’s very precise and a hell of a deal.

Second minor gripe would be the rail that’s implied to be a Picatinny according to their site though it’s anything but... more like a bastard weaver/pic combo...

Gummi Bear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2015
    Arlington
    Yes, Spill

Magpul is releasing a stock with bottom metal that will accept AICS mags. Magpul makes an affordable version of them.

I haven’t seen one for the factory stock. If you were patient, and had a Dremel, I suppose you could inlet and fit one in.

I just picked one of these the other day. I put a scope on it, and was ringing my 180yd gong in just a few shots. I’m just starting a load this afternoon.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

spill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Cedar Park
    Put mine in a black laminate Boyds a couple of years ago which I really like, but I'll keep my eyes open for this. Thanks.

Gummi Bear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2015
    Arlington
    Well, I called Magpul the other day.

They’re farting around and still don’t have a firm ship date.

I’m now starting to modify my existing stock.

I drilled and installed sleeves for a cheek rest, and filled the butt stock with silicone yesterday. I’ll let it set up a couple more days, then I’ll fill the hollow in the forearm with fiberglass filler.

If that goes well, I may start trying to change the shape of the stock to increase ergonomics.

Henry David Thoreau

Sock Puppet

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2015
    I have a Mossberg MVP Patrol in 5.56 and like it a lot. But yes, the OP has been living under a rock.

Seconded. The only trouble I had was when I tried shooting Tula through it. The cases would get jammed as the barrel heated up and extractor would get ripped off. No problems when I've stuck with brass.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    I bought one this morning from Kentucky Gun Company. $435 no tax, free shipping. Looks interesting. Got this scope to go with it, same as my AR15, Nikon P-223 3-9x40 Mate BDC 600. $145 free shipping, no tax. Seems like a really decent price for a nice rifle.

Gummi Bear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2015
    Arlington
    So, I got my stock modified.

Adding the silicone to the butt stock worked great. It does take nearly a week to dry, however. I just used silicone caulk. Every few squirts from the caulk gun, and I’d tap the forend of the stock on a piece of wood, to settle the silicone in, and release any air bubbles. Now the stock feels much more rigid and solid.

I tried to use Bondo short fill fiberglass in the forend. That stuff sets up really quick, when mixed per the instructions. It turned out pretty half assed.

I did manage to really stiffen the stock, and sort of stiffen the forend. The whole thing is still pretty noodly, I didn’t make any modifications to the area around the trigger and magwell. I believe this is where a majority of my flex is coming from.

On a bipod, it still doesn’t have satisfactory stiffness for me. I’m on hold with this project until Magpul finally starts to ship new stocks.

I did manage a 6 shot group that averaged at .778” with some test ammo (two 3 shot strings)

Now to order some powder (H4350 is still difficult to find) and start working up some loads while I wait on a darn stock.

Henry David Thoreau

Top Bottom