• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    I will keep renewing mine until I die. I have many reasons for doing so, but the reason at the top of my list is putting LEO at ease. I don't get stopped often (the last time was 5 or so years ago) but I like seeing the officer relax when I show my LTC.

I also like the fact that my bank and my employer allow me to carry if I have my LTC.
    Good point. I'm curious to know if someone is carrying without a LTC can they be challenged in a public place by LE as to their eligibility to be exercising constitutional carry?
    Hurley's Gold

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    You should ask my wife. And mother. And most of my family, except me. They all agree with you.

Personally, I find that if I only speed on highways, outside of city limits, and treat the officers with the utmost courtesy, while displaying genuine contrition and admitting my guilt, that I am ticketed less than 10% of the time I'm pulled over for speeding in places that any reasonable human being would find the posted speed limits laughable.
    Are you a truck driver sir.....;)

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    <>

The “permit” is instant proof that one is not criminal or “certifiably” nuts. We keep them for that reason.

Anyone can get a DL or ID, and any non-felon can get a passport.

So, we keep the “LTC’s & CHL’s” current.

Remember the “Monnefrio” debacle and that the lesson that permits do not authorize CC of large knives.

leVieux

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    Anyone can get a DL or ID, and any non-felon can get a passport.
    All felons can get a passport if they aren't still in jail as long as they are a citizen or national of the United States. I don't need a government issued card to prove I'm not a felon, because it's nobody's f---ing business. I'm not, but I don't have to prove it to anybody unless I want to. Now I keep my Texas LTC because it gets me carry in a few more places and some states with reciprocity where I don't already have a non-res permit. Location restricted ("large") knives are prohibited in the same places that handgun carry is restricted.

Top Bottom