Not what I drive everyday..

40Arpent

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Jul 16, 2008
Houston
Very nice! Even though my '79 L-82 was a turd (stock), I still miss it, and will one day own another Vette. What's under the bulging hood? ;) Is that a '75?

ccs47

Dec 24, 2008
West of Houston
Thanks.
Mine is a 76 that started life as an L82. It has a 383 stroker with a nice cam and a four speed. I really want to put a Tremec 5 speed in and do something more on the suspension (maybe coil overs). The car had a frame off back in the mid 90's so the mounts are all good and it's in very good shape. I added Vintage Air AC to it, it was an original AC car, but the compressor and evaporator had been pulled and I wanted a new system.
Only negative is it LOVES gas!!! 12mpg.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
Jan 21, 2009
San Antonio
Thanks.
Mine is a 76 that started life as an L82. It has a 383 stroker with a nice cam and a four speed. I really want to put a Tremec 5 speed in and do something more on the suspension (maybe coil overs). The car had a frame off back in the mid 90's so the mounts are all good and it's in very good shape. I added Vintage Air AC to it, it was an original AC car, but the compressor and evaporator had been pulled and I wanted a new system.
Only negative is it LOVES gas!!! 12mpg.
Coilovers won't do a lot of good. The suspension on those cars isn't all that good to begin with.

I still like them, despite my experiences working on those cars!

ccs47

Dec 24, 2008
West of Houston
Coilovers won't do a lot of good. The suspension on those cars isn't all that good to begin with.

I still like them, despite my experiences working on those cars!

Maybe I should have said "Adjustable coil overs", I'm more interested in being able to adjust the height. As far as handling, I'm pleased with it since I'm not a hard core racer!

Primary

TexasGunTalk Assistant
Here are some related products that TexasGunTalk members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TexasGunTalk’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TexasGunTalk discussions about these products.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads