P2040885.jpg
    Target Sports

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Very nice! Even though my '79 L-82 was a turd (stock), I still miss it, and will one day own another Vette. What's under the bulging hood? ;) Is that a '75?

ccs47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    West of Houston
    Thanks.
    Mine is a 76 that started life as an L82. It has a 383 stroker with a nice cam and a four speed. I really want to put a Tremec 5 speed in and do something more on the suspension (maybe coil overs). The car had a frame off back in the mid 90's so the mounts are all good and it's in very good shape. I added Vintage Air AC to it, it was an original AC car, but the compressor and evaporator had been pulled and I wanted a new system.
    Only negative is it LOVES gas!!! 12mpg.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Thanks.
    Mine is a 76 that started life as an L82. It has a 383 stroker with a nice cam and a four speed. I really want to put a Tremec 5 speed in and do something more on the suspension (maybe coil overs). The car had a frame off back in the mid 90's so the mounts are all good and it's in very good shape. I added Vintage Air AC to it, it was an original AC car, but the compressor and evaporator had been pulled and I wanted a new system.
    Only negative is it LOVES gas!!! 12mpg.

Coilovers won't do a lot of good. The suspension on those cars isn't all that good to begin with.

I still like them, despite my experiences working on those cars!

ccs47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    West of Houston
    Coilovers won't do a lot of good. The suspension on those cars isn't all that good to begin with.

I still like them, despite my experiences working on those cars!

Maybe I should have said "Adjustable coil overs", I'm more interested in being able to adjust the height. As far as handling, I'm pleased with it since I'm not a hard core racer!

Top Bottom