NOTHING will stop me from shooting!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by usmcpmi, Oct 8, 2009.

1. usmcpmi

usmcpmi Active Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    Well.....maybe not "Nothing".... rather what was too small to see.... I had to work in South Texas again this week, and seeing that there is a 800 yd shooting range there, I brought along the .50 to enjoy a little recoil after the days work. Nice plan, except for that sometime Tuesday afternoon, I picked up something in my right eye. Didn't seem like a big deal at first, so I just washed it out well and went about my business. It was only Tuesday, I still had 2 more afternoons to shoot. Well you guessed it. Whatever was in there, was still there. Ended up working through this morning, then headed back home, and to the Dr. He says "nothing there, must have scratched it" and my daughter, being the loving daughter she is, took some pictures to remember the day. Thanks Kat....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 81aggie

81aggie Member

Jul 4, 2009
    San Antonio
    Ouch. Hope you get over that quickly. My wife had a scratch on her cornea from a bad contact lens a few years ago and was absolutely miserable for a few days, couldn't even open the eye. The small things can sometimes be the most painful.

3. TxEMTP69

TxEMTP69 TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    anything to do with the eyes makes me cringe

4. cuate

cuate Well-Known

Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Godspeed your recovery from the eye irritation and good shootin' with the big 50 !

5. Skip

Skip TGT Addict

Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    I had a scratch once on the eye, I sure feel for ya.. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

6. MadMo44Mag

MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Working in a machine shop for many years I have suffered with many scratched eye balls and one minor surgery to remove a piece of non magnetic material once.
    I feel for ya and wish a quick recovery.
    Lets hope it does not leave you with "trailers" - little ghost lines in your vision. They suck in bright light!!!!
    Take care!!!!

7. dbgun

dbgun TGT Addict

Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Hope everything works out well with your eye.

8. Acetone

Acetone Active Member

Aug 24, 2009
    El Paso
    I was installing acoustic ceiling tiles one time. Some of the dust was left on my hat and worked its way into my eye six hours later. After 3 hours in the ER they took that little f@%#er out, and now I have a trailer (floater). PITA. Good luck with the recovery.

9. BurkGlocker

BurkGlocker Active Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Burkburnett, TX
    Hope you get better soon USMCPMI, vision is nothing to mess around with.

Man 'o man, tell me about it. Had a piece of bronze get me in the eye and they had to go in and it was very, very unnerving. Had to wear a patch for a week. And with new nicknames like Patchy the Pirate (Spongebob) and One Eyed Willy, I used a face shield when cleaning off parts instead of my usual safety glasses only.

Rock on! :texas:

Brad L.

10. Big country

Big country TGT Addict

Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I used to weld for a living I've cut em open twice, burned em many times, scratched em, and had to get things taken out of them, including a stubborn little chunk of chain saw blade on one occasion. I feel your pain, Gods speed on your recovery. :happy0001:
    Now hows gonna operate that 50 while you're down I'd like to volunteer, don't want it getting lonely!:rofl: