• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twincannons

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    North Texas
    Terrell Rifle and Pistol Club will hold it's 3rd Saturday of the month IDPA match. Lunch and drinks are included in your match fees, setup starts at 0700 and Safety meeting at 0900. After everyone has finished shooting the IDPA stages and had a chance to eat and refresh themselfs, I'll set up a shotgun stage So bring your Home Defense/ 3gun shotguns or whatever you have along with a box of shells. It will be timed, but will not be part of the regular IDPA scores and you can shoot it as many time as you like.

JD
    www.tr-pc.com
    Target Sports

onecoolpilot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2008
    Remind her that there are a bunch of people that shoot after the IDPA event. While all of us are eating lunch, there are a few that go shoot the stages for fun.

She can at least come watch, but bring her a gun just in case.

We would love to have her, but we'll see you there either way.

Jeff

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    I think that I'll be able to get her to come out to shoot. She likes shooting.

Isn't the third Saturday actually November 21?

And finally, since I shot last time and have not signed up for or joined IDPA.....will there be any issue with me shooting this time? Do I need to do anything in advance or can I just buy a membership when I get there?

MrsFosforos

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Ask your wife to consider going to the Woman's Day being held at the Dallas Pistol Club, the same day -> I'm going there with some girl friends Women's Shooting Group - the only thing I didn't like about it was it's being held the same day as the Terrell Club IDPA match!

MrsFosforos

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    She wont be the only women there I will be there and shooting for sure!!

K,
    I hope you have a great day and keep Jeff on his toes too!

I really hated to learn the women's event at the Dallas club is going on the same day because I enjoy spending time at the Terrell range with the IDPA group.

I mentioned this to a few of my girlfriends a few months ago, they were interested. Then they told some of their friends about it too. We have at least 6 and maybe up to 10 - women new to shooting going with us to Woman's Day at the Dallas club!! It be fun (we'll go to lunch afterwards and finish up our Ladies Day), but I'll miss seeing you too.

Ya'll have fun and stay safe!!
    Regina

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    I wish one of the clubs would 'give' a little so that [female] shooters could attend both venues each month. My wife and our neighbor would be interested in the women's shooting group.

I think she will also enjoy IDPA. We have a little girl and it's not often that we can get someone to watch her, so we have to plan accordingly. By going to IDPA, we have something that we can do together, as a couple. It is something we can share and enjoy.

It would be nice if she could try both. I would be quite happy to watch Hailey so that she could go off with the 'girls' for shooting. But, with both on the same day, they are mutually exclusive events.

That's a bummer.

MrsFosforos

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    I wish one of the clubs would 'give' a little so that [female] shooters could attend both venues each month. My wife and our neighbor would be interested in the women's shooting group.

I think she will also enjoy IDPA. We have a little girl and it's not often that we can get someone to watch her, so we have to plan accordingly. By going to IDPA, we have something that we can do together, as a couple. It is something we can share and enjoy.

It would be nice if she could try both. I would be quite happy to watch Hailey so that she could go off with the 'girls' for shooting. But, with both on the same day, they are mutually exclusive events.

That's a bummer.

We're in the same boat sometimes. We have a 5 y.o grandson who goes with us sometimes and scheduling who will have him, when, is a challenge for us too.

Just in case it hasn't come up before, the non-shooters need to use eye and ear protection too.

Twincannons

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    North Texas
    The only thing that'll keep most people from coming is if the wind is blowing pretty hard. I'm sure they will have the heaters on in the club house, hot coffee in the pot, plus the ghetto heater outside. Just bring a big coat you can put on and take off, gloves and a hat. And don't forget your shotguns. Any gauge any type.

JD

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    The only thing that'll keep most people from coming is if the wind is blowing pretty hard. I'm sure they will have the heaters on in the club house, hot coffee in the pot, plus the ghetto heater outside. Just bring a big coat you can put on and take off, gloves and a hat. And don't forget your shotguns. Any gauge any type.

JD

We'll bring our shotgun, my wife has been wanting to shoot it. I also sent you a PM about sighting in 2 rifles.

MrsFosforos

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    40 degrees is WARM compared to some of the matches we've been to! There were 30 or 40 crazy men out shooting last Jan & Feb in 30 degree weather I don't remember which time, but one of those times it was misting (almost sleeting)!

They had a barrel with a wood fire so they could warm their hands, layered clothes and gloves to help keep the hands warm. Me being a spectator, I was layered in 2 pair of long johns, jeans, 2 or 3 sweaters, 2 or 3 coats and a blanket!! It was still fun!

Top Bottom