• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • racerxinhouston

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2009
    Houston,Texas
    first let me say, i dont mean to sound rude and being new i dont want to step on anyones toes but...

brown bear from ammo to go is only 106.95 for 500, so yea with tax (if i was shipping) it woulda cost me 129.21 for a2g and 123.81 from aim (so yes uncle sams cut makes it cost more at a2g)...but since i bought at the show i guess it would have been like 117 or so including taxes making it cheaper then aim. but the biggest issue with this example? i wouldnt shoot brown bear ammo out of a sling shot, much less use it in my guns, i still have a box of 9mm i cant give away.. will never make that mistake again.

the point is there are deals everywhere, and if u do your homework before going to a show, walmart, or the local indy shop your gonna know what is an average cost per round and youll know when you price your ammo at a show, or else where if youre getting taken or not.

My apologies, I must be looking at a different site than you, here shows $137:
    7.62X39 : Ammunition To Go

If you google Brown Bear, alot of people happen to like the rounds.

I picked Brown Bear only as a side by side comparison of the 2 websites, but you are right "the point is there are deals everywhere, and if u do your homework before going to a show".

I did that, and I found that the show was 25-30% higher than online & wallyworld. The very same box of Federal .40 S&W at wally world was $14/box and was $18/box at the show. I also compared WOLF AK rounds and UMC 9mm and they all seemed to have a 30% mark-up.

I guess you had a better experience.

X
    Lynx Defense

Bily Lovec

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    i shoot the crap out of brown bear. it goes bang as well as any other cheap ammo :)

I run it thru a Noveske, maybe if you had a better rifle, you wouldnt have those misgivings about shooting it ?

johnsonfire

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2009
    new braunfels
    Ley me correct you 40 federal is $14.59 at wally I saw tables selling it for $16.50
    winchester wally price $16.99 gunshow price $18.99.
    Remember wally has their own truck fleet hence the savings but a limit on what you can buy.Other sellers have to pay freight so might be abit higher.Not much.I sell guns and some ammo at the shows so I see it all!Their are lots of tables try and avoid the mom and pops as they charge to much.

johnsonfire

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2009
    new braunfels
    I see them at gun shows their prices seem fair and their nice people I even buy from them sometimes as they have stuff I cant find keep in mind their my competitor but all is fair in love and war.All that matters is tye bottom line.
    I do hear people mumble on some items they could find it cheaper but they will say they like to support small buisness.

johnsonfire

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2009
    new braunfels
    You have to remember you have shooters out their now that are used to golfing palying tennis they dont really worry about paying a few bucks more for a pack of ammo.Its chicken feed to them but I understand this stands not true for others.Take it with a grain of salt dont turn red and explode.

johnsonfire

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2009
    new braunfels
    Prices are not dropping their going up in price can you tell me one round that has gotten cheaper.I didnt think so.Buy all you can its is better than the stockmarket.
    I wish I had bought stock in remm. and winch. fed and cci.No sooner than one brand raises their prices the rest follows like puppies.Once they do catch up on ammo they will simply cut back production dont plan any time soon for prices to decline untill people refuse to pay the top prices.At somepoint it will hits its apex at that time prices will fall.Look for increases after the dec going into new year.People I know what I am talking about domt be wishfull thinkers.

AmirFazadh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    Texas
    Here's what I saw at a Pasadena gun show in Oct.- guy at the front had a few boxes of Winchester White Box .380. I meandered over, asked him about it, he said $80. I about shat on his table! $80/50 rounds? I went to the back and got 200 rounds from another dealer for $79. I could see if it was gold-plated, but it wasn't gold, it was brass! When I left the show several hours later, I passed by his booth, and he still had them...

johnsonfire

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2009
    new braunfels
    I havent seen 380 for 20 a box of 50 or I would buy it all you got a great deal and yes it is like gold.Great job and 380 box of 100 at 79 is a good deal for winchester thats makes it 39 a box of 50,the cheaper brands you can find at 25 or 30 a box.Buy a 9mm lots of that ammo!

D-Day

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    I havent seen 380 for 20 a box of 50 or I would buy it all you got a great deal and yes it is like gold.Great job and 380 box of 100 at 79 is a good deal for winchester thats makes it 39 a box of 50,the cheaper brands you can find at 25 or 30 a box.Buy a 9mm lots of that ammo!

I bought WWB .380 for $18.99 for a box of 50 at Academy. They won't always have it in stock, but if you check back they usually get it often.

johnsonfire

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2009
    new braunfels
    When they get it they limit it to 1 box a customer cause they only get 10 boxes per store.I can shoot that in 15 minutes then what.The sighn says 5 boxes per cal per person but then they make new rules I love it.Feels like your in russia and their rationing food or something.Its just ammo not water not food.Again lots of 9mm and 40 cal sell your 380 or keep it loaded with jhp and practice with 9mm.

johnsonfire

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2009
    new braunfels
    I would like to step on your toes and I will do it by not listing a hyper link as to give link credit to a web site but the aim sur + does not have the 7-62x39 in stock its backorder which means compare apples to oranges.Brown bear I dont use anyways Golden Tiger or Wolf who needs a Bear!

D-Day

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    When they get it they limit it to 1 box a customer cause they only get 10 boxes per store.I can shoot that in 15 minutes then what.The sighn says 5 boxes per cal per person but then they make new rules I love it.Feels like your in russia and their rationing food or something.Its just ammo not water not food.Again lots of 9mm and 40 cal sell your 380 or keep it loaded with jhp and practice with 9mm.

I buy it 5 boxes at a time when I need it. They don't limit it. Wal Mart has been getting it in as well, it is just harder to figure out their shipment days and times.

johnsonfire

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2009
    new braunfels
    This is a good one nolongercheaperthandirt.wow has 380 win at $49.90 a box of 50 even more crazy they have a bvacee brand that i saw at the tulsa wannamerrrr show selling for $18 for reloads and 25 new. moreexpensivethandirts.wow price is $39.97 That my friends is a cryin shame wow wow wow

Maxpower

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    I bought WWB .380 for $18.99 for a box of 50 at Academy. They won't always have it in stock, but if you check back they usually get it often.

I bought a box of 100 WWB 380 at Academy for $30. I buy it online for 18-19 box

Top Bottom