• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryo1549

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2008
    Hello people. I've recently gotten into firearms. My step father was a dealer of some sort before but I never got into them. About 7 months ago I purchased my first gun. IT was a Mossburg 12g shotgun. I moved onto a Taurus PT 24/7 .45 and now just purchased a TA-90 9mm. Look forward to chatting with yall. Like all of the information and advice I can get too!

Also may be in the market for some kind of rifle. May trade the .45 towards one soon.
    Texas SOT

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Welcome to the forum. For having just gotten started, it sounds like you have a decent collection already. ;) How do you like the 24/7? I've been curious about those in .45acp. They seem like good bargains.

ryo1549

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2008
    Welcome to the forum. For having just gotten started, it sounds like you have a decent collection already. ;) How do you like the 24/7? I've been curious about those in .45acp. They seem like good bargains.

IT shoot pretty decently. I reallly like it. I have issues with accuracy (probably due to my inexperience). The only reason why I may get rid of it is because its so expensive for 230 grain .45 acp ammo. Cheapest stuff I can find is like $16 for 50, unless i buy bulk over the internet.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    IT shoot pretty decently. I reallly like it. I have issues with accuracy (probably due to my inexperience). The only reason why I may get rid of it is because its so expensive for 230 grain .45 acp ammo. Cheapest stuff I can find is like $16 for 50, unless i buy bulk over the internet.

Yeah, I know what you mean. You should get something in 9mm, it's a lot cheaper. I usually see prices of $7.99-$9 or so for boxes of 9mm at most places. Of course, there is always .22lr, which is still ridiculously cheap ($12-15 for 500-550rds!). ;)

ryo1549

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2008
    Yeah, I know what you mean. You should get something in 9mm, it's a lot cheaper. I usually see prices of $7.99-$9 or so for boxes of 9mm at most places. Of course, there is always .22lr, which is still ridiculously cheap ($12-15 for 500-550rds!). ;)

Yeah I just got a 9mm. Its a TA-90(tanfoglio) I bought its used in the round rock shop (awesome honest guy there). However I had a few jamming issues. I think I may just need a new clip but not to terribly sure.

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Welcome to the forum. I moved up to far north Austin almost to round rock about a month ago, maybe I'll see you at some of the gun shops.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Yeah I just got a 9mm. Its a TA-90(tanfoglio) I bought its used in the round rock shop (awesome honest guy there). However I had a few jamming issues. I think I may just need a new clip but not to terribly sure.

9 times out of 10, most feeding issues tend to be the mags with most guns (worn mag springs usually). Replacing a mag spring is usually the cheapest thing to do first. I'm not entirely sure but, I think one of these may work for your mag:

Resources\Ordering

Top Bottom