• ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015

Driver slapped with $129,544 speeding fine​

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/driver-slapped-speeding-fine

A wealthy Finnish man who was ticketed for driving 20 mph over the speed limit has been issued a $129,544 fine for the infraction. Anders Wiklöf was caught going 82 kph (51 mph) in a 50 kph (31 mph) zone in the Aaland Islands.

Speeding ticket fines are pegged to a driver's income in Finland, based on their daily estimated disposable income.
    Hurley's Gold

Slimshaddy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2023
    South Austin Texas
    Sounds good to me, I got a $300 speeding ticket a decade or two ago and ever since, I am more careful about where and how much I speed.
    Why fine a rich dude at all if the amount is insignificant to him.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2023
    Houston

A wealthy Finnish man who was ticketed for driving 20 mph over the speed limit has been issued a $129,544 fine for the infraction. Anders Wiklöf was caught going 82 kph (51 mph) in a 50 kph (31 mph) zone in the Aaland Islands.

Speeding ticket fines are pegged to a driver's income in Finland, based on their daily estimated disposable income.
    Didn't see the gofundme link. Rare to find articles without these days.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Sounds good to me, I got a $300 speeding ticket a decade or two ago and ever since, I am more careful about where and how much I speed.
    This how you get “hate crimes” and other nonsense. When you start considering wealth, or skin color, race, sex, etc. you are not a government of laws but of men.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    That's why Steve Jobs used to park in handicapped spaces all the time. It was his IDGAF to the world, among others.

He also pretty much always drove without license plates but that's another story.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    One of my favorite speeding ticket stories. And I don't even care that the ticket was later exposed as a fake. :).

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    One of my favorite speeding ticket stories. And I don't even care that the ticket was later exposed as a fake. :).

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Top Gear, with the original three hosts, was a hoot.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I think it makes us safer.

I feel safer.

If we have police departments generating millions of traffic infractions just think about all the cool toys they get to play with that make us safer. Real criminals are the ones driving five over. It’s not those selling or smuggling illegal things. No sir. Yeah buddy.

TxBigfoot

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Red Oak
    The police in the town I live in have been writing a lot of tickets here in the past couple of months. They've written a lot of tickets for stopping on the white line, instead of behind it.
    I shit you not, this is one the "white lines" they're writing tickets at.
    PK6mCo.jpg

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    The police in the town I live in have been writing a lot of tickets here in the past couple of months. They've written a lot of tickets for stopping on the white line, instead of behind it.
    I shit you not, this is one the "white lines" they're writing tickets at.
    PK6mCo.jpg
    If people don’t stop before the white line kittens die.

Reactions: gll

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Top Gear, with the original three hosts, was a hoot.
    No. The original three hosts of the revived series in 2002 were Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond, and Jason Dawe. Dawe had all the personality of a wet rag and specialized in tracking the market in car prices. They dropped him after the first series and he went on to host Used Car Roadshow which was much more in his wheelhouse.

In the second series, they installed James May in his place. As weird a choice as that was (and that first year of his really did seem weird), he completed the chemistry between the three. It just worked. A legendary team was born.

I miss that show.

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas

thats bullshit

Reactions: gll

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    No. The original three hosts of the revived series in 2002 were Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond, and Jason Dawe. Dawe had all the personality of a wet rag and specialized in tracking the market in car prices. They dropped him after the first series and he went on to host Used Car Roadshow which was much more in his wheelhouse.

In the second series, they installed James May in his place. As weird a choice as that was (and that first year of his really did seem weird), he completed the chemistry between the three. It just worked. A legendary team was born.

I miss that show.
    Interesting. Guessed I missed the pre-Mays shows.

You can still find it running various places.

Top Bottom