• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Morgan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    DFW
    yeah, I COULD have mine before xmas if I came in under the 50ish day line... but I doubt that I'll get that lucky.

PopsXD9sc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    Just saw on TexasCHL forum that Morgan got his today after only 37 days of waiting. Congrats. Mine came today as well. Status changed to competed on Monday the 8th and was waiting in the mailbox when I got home today. Maybe DPS is finally getting caught up and the wait won't be a killer for the guys taking the course this month and into the new year. There is hope for all.

Morgan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    DFW
    The time frames seem to be all over the board. Another guy on the forum Pops is referring to had his app received by the state the same day as me, we both went to "processing" status the same day, and we both went to "completed" the same day... and we both live in the same county.

I heard that they've gone to an automated process...but I wonder if the applications they started to process prior to this automation are still getting ground down by the old manual process grist mill. I don't know. I'd guess I'll see my permit sometime next week, based on Pop's 4ish business day time line.

Morgan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    DFW
    Mine was actually in my mailbox Saturday morning. So I got it 2 mailing days after it went to "complete".... that was very cool.

kendal1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Central Tx.
    Well, I just dropped off my renewal to DPS today. The lady at the desk told me they are taking 45 days as of right now. I guess we will see as my current expires at the end of Feb..

Morgan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    DFW
    Yeah, I think that when my renewal is due, years from now... I'll be trying to get in as early as possible, unless something has really changed by then.

Top Bottom