Guns International

NRA 2023 Directors ballot must be rcvd by Mar 26 - who to vote for ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    As I do month after month, year after year (Patron member for 5+ yrs), I was about to trash the latest un-read issue of American Rifleman when I happened to thumb it open to the ballot. Like many others on TGT, I pay little attention to the NRA but if my vote will help oust WLP, I'm all ears.

NRA 2023 boad ballot.jpg
    Gun Zone Deals

Reactions: gll

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX

Steve In Texas

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2023
    Austin, Texas
    Ask this: Just WHY don’t Ted Nugent, Tom Selleck, etc. call Wayne out ?
    Why did’t we listen to Old Neal Knox ?

I doubt I will return my NRA ballot this year--that is about the only form protest I have.
    It has been over 20 years since I sent any funds to the NRA they have not changed
    any of their ways. As right at Neal Knox was, the Cult of Wayne has done everything
    Knox warned against.

Ausländer

Yak Shaving
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2022
    New Braunfels
    I doubt I will return my NRA ballot this year--that is about the only form protest I have.
    It has been over 20 years since I sent any funds to the NRA they have not changed
    any of their ways. As right at Neal Knox was, the Cult of Wayne has done everything
    Knox warned against.
    I agree 100% and it's a shame, because the training department gets lumped in with Wayne's BS.

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    Pulled our support from NRA and went to GOA long ago, only Fudds and the dead (like democrats) are voting for the NRA. let the media demonize them, theyve not done anything REAL for gun owners in over 20 years.

To be fair I am not a fan of WLP but NRA has done lots of good by supplying alot of shooting teams and clubs with needed funds we utilize in securing more ammo and equipment for the team. It would be great if other groups like GOA follow suit.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    To be fair I am not a fan of WLP but NRA has done lots of good by supplying alot of shooting teams and clubs with needed funds we utilize in securing more ammo and equipment for the team. It would be great if other groups like GOA follow suit.

The GOA is too busy fighting legal battles the NRA refuses to. So no thanks.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Ollie North got sick of the bullshit and hit the road. I'll not vote for rear-lickers. NRA can have my 40.00/year as well as my wife's $40.00 and I'll read their mags. Beyond that WLP can blow me.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    The Bruen case was an NRA case....their membership is down, contributions are down and their operating budget is about a tenth of what is used to be........

and WLP keeps buying suits................

GeorgeS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2018
    San Antonio
    The Bruen case was an NRA case....their membership is down, contributions are down and their operating budget is about a tenth of what is used to be........

and WLP keeps buying suits................
    Wrong. It was filed by the New York State Rifle & Pistol Association.

I can tell you from personal experience that the NRA lagged far behind its membership in fighting for our rights.

They were still clinging to their target shooting origins in the 1960s and 1970s. Result - 1968 GCA.

They were still clinging to their target shooting origins and added support for FUDD hunters in the 1980s and 1990s. Result - Clinton AWB.

"Support" for CCW didn't come into existence until the late 1990s, and "support" for EBRs didn't come into existence until the 2000s, when WLP figured the money would come flooding in.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Anbu9
    Top Bottom