• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    i dont mean to burst your bubble pal, but FPC and GOA has done more in the last 5 years than the NRA has done in 1, and this isnt even talking about wayne le pierre sucking all the money out of the organization and useless as **** boardmembers who only play with their dicks and do 0 work.
    And that's totally not the subject of this thread. "Done more"? Exactly what have they "done". They don't have the level of lobbying of the NRA. They don't have the size of membership. They may take stands that are more conservative than the NRA, but how did that translate with respect to legislation? Now, in local areas, there certainly has been some effective lobbying by non-NRA groups. In Texas, the TSRA has done a remarkable job, albeit in a gun-friendly political environment. I'm not against groups like GOA, I'm only trying to keep them in perspective. I certainly belong to some of those groups as well as the NRA.

The NRA convention floor is covered with every kind of firearm vendor imaginable. The last Houston NRA convention brought in 100,000 gun-loving people. It's entirely conceivable that visiting the convention would be enormously enjoyable to many people - including those that aren't in love with the NRA itself. I would hope that some would seriously consider that and not let their opinion of NRA management get in the way of having a great time.

As far as the NRA is concerned, I think MOST of us have issues with them at the moment. I would love to see some deep and broad changes (just as I'd like to see that happen in Washington, but that's another subject). To walk away from the largest and easily most established pro-2A group in the country is not a constructive thing to do. It's like voting 3rd party in national elections; you're only helping the worst of your enemies. You may not like the choices you have, but sometimes you have to take the closest one that you can stomach and work to improve things in the future. Quitting doesn't improve anything. Denigrating ANY pro-2A groups is destructive to the cause, even if those groups don't meet your expectations 100%. When Ronald Reagan was in office, he had what he referred to as the "Reagan Rule": Republicans don't speak badly about other Republicans. You work out differences behind closed doors. Trump didn't have such a thing going and every night some Republican was on TV complaining about Trump or some other Republican. The party was completely unfocused while the real problem was sitting across the aisle. The NRA is not the enemy of 2A supporters. As miserably bad as they might be (at least in your mind), they are not the enemy. The Commiecrats are a huge, wealthy, powerful, and ugly enemy and it requires every ounce of energy we have to fight THEM, not ourselves.
    Venture Surplus ad

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    I attended the Dallas NRA convention in 2018 and the one before it in 1990s. Both were great events just walking around and touring the vendors. If you couldn't find a firearm or related vendor there you weren't missing anything. They also had workshops, meetings, and other activities for you to get involved. Make your way to Houston and go.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    I just read on TTAG that because of the spike in Covid infections, major exhibitors are pulling out of the NRA's September convention. Sad, but to be expected.
    More like they are concerned with what the Houston and Harris County governments will do.....their record involving free markets and civil rights is pretty dismal.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

oscars774

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2018
    Tinicum Township
    I just read on TTAG that because of the spike in Covid infections, major exhibitors are pulling out of the NRA's September convention. Sad, but to be expected.

Was at a Sig event at Shoot Point Blank in Humble and the Sig sales rep told me they canceled their booth for the NRA event due to Covid concerns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    I've heard enough thinly supported whining about downtown Houston. Chances are pretty good that you've never actually been there or just drove through once and it made your nut sack shrink up and fall off. Chances are pretty good you didn't go to the NRA convention in Dallas or any other city that it was held in. Where the hell do you expect it to be held? Cut 'N Shoot? Dime Box? Grow up. Put some ping pong balls in your shorts and pretend you have balls. I worked in downtown Houston for many years, and spent many years on the Ship Channel, as well as visiting other Gulf Coast areas that were a thousand times worse. Yeah, it's a city, it has traffic and tall buildings. It also has hundreds of thousands of workers that spend their days toiling in those buildings and on those streets. As cities go, I'd rather be in Houston than damn near any other major city in the United States. Drive through Newark, Philadelphia, Memphis, Los Angeles, Detroit - Houston is a comparative paradise.

If you just can't bring yourself to leave your cabin, then stop whining and just stay home. You - and your whining - won't be missed. If you check your shorts and find balls in there (or, to be fair, you find something useful in your bra), then you're more than welcome to visit with 100,000 other gun enthusiasts at one of the most fun events that we have.

As for the "current NRA", you can stay away and bitch about it, or you can join up and try to get it turned in the right direction. One of those choices is valuable and the other is a worthless waste of everybody's time.
    Cutnshoot? Not a bad idea.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Thought seriously about going, but like others....will be on a hunt......though not dove...

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    Was at a Sig event at Shoot Point Blank in Humble and the Sig sales rep told me they canceled their booth for the NRA event due to Covid concerns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was at SPB Saturday around 10am picking up a Ruger EC9s. Did not talk to the Sig people.

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    Any one that wants to go that is not a NRA member can have my admittance card. Good for 3 days.
    I am not going.
    First sent PM and meet me in Humble can have it.

Top Bottom