Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I wonder if The Gun Collective panel discussion at Collector's Firearms is cancelled. I checked a little while ago and there was nothing on their YT channel except for an update (obviously filmed a couple of days ago) that mentioned their FaceBook page had been shut down.

So, I'm not sure where to go for updates. I expect we'll hear from them on YT tomorrow informing us of a cancellation.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I wonder if The Gun Collective panel discussion at Collector's Firearms is cancelled.
    I hate replying to myself but it's warranted in this case. The panel is officially cancelled. I think I was looking forward to basically 4 things during the NRAAM -
    • handling some fine European revolvers,
    • running into other TGT members,
    • the TGC panel, and
    • stalking Wayne LaPierre so that I could use my Golden Eagle credentials to force him to stop and shake my hand. That's one of the perks of that membership level. I had intended to thank him for all his prior work in support of the 2A and thank him in advance for taking the next big, positive, important step for the NRA in supporting the 2A. I intended to clearly inform him that the next big, positive, important step to which I referred would be his immediate resignation.
    So much for big plans. :(

Side note: I had gotten tickets for the event from EventBrite. In the posted video, it says that EventBrite sent out cancellation notices. I didn't get one. Did anybody on here who got tickets through EventBrite receive a cancellation notice?

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    • stalking Wayne LaPierre so that I could use my Golden Eagle credentials to force him to stop and shake my hand. That's one of the perks of that membership level. I had intended to thank him for all his prior work in support of the 2A and thank him in advance for taking the next big, positive, important step for the NRA in supporting the 2A. I intended to clearly inform him that the next big, positive, important step to which I referred would be his immediate resignation.
    Beautiful. Well worth the price of the Golden Eagle credentials.

Louski

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2017
    Orange Texas
    The last time my father and went out for day just him and me was the NRA convention in Houston A handful of years back was looking forward going this year with my Son too bad
    We will be there next time
    giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    The last time my father and went out for day just him and me was the NRA convention in Houston A handful of years back was looking forward going this year with my Son too bad
    Yeah, my son and I attended the 2005 convention in Houston. I was looking forward to him going with me this time.

Dave Z

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2021
    Roanoke, TX
    Coming back to the George R. Brown Convention Center (again). See the attachment. I saw it in the latest edition of "The American Rifleman" that was in the mailbox on Friday.

Attachments

• nra_pressrelease_092921.pdf
      111.8 KB · Views: 137

justmax

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Kingwood
    Well anyways I look forward to attending this one.
    I agree. When I was a Rep in the business, I always felt this was the most important of the 3 major shows; most of the manufacturers did not.

The first of the shows is the NASGW. This show is for Distributors only. Here the Manufacturers roll out the new products and programs for the year.

Next comes the SHOT show. Manufacturers and Distributors sell themselves and the products to the Dealers (your local FFLs).

Lastly comes the NRA show. The Manufacturers seem to begrudgingly set up their often extravagant booths/displays for one last time for the year. Manufacturers' Reps are "required' to attend. The fact that no orders are actually written and no sales made, added to the fatigue of the trade show season, seemed to lower moral, and often an appearance of disregard to the attendees of the NRA show, which include actual end users and some FFLs.

I often felt that the end users opinions were often missed by the Manufactures. Just because no orders were written, is not a reason to not gather pearls of wisdom for what the customers want next year.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas

I often felt that the end users opinions were often missed by the Manufactures. Just because no orders were written, is not a reason to not gather pearls of wisdom for what the customers want next year.
    I wholeheartedly agree. Berry's Bullets got a lot of on-going business because of having a booth at the NRA convention and making NRA attendees fee privileged (letting us order bullets when they were otherwise unavailable). The Duck Dynasty folks got a lot of business. Sig had a big booth and impressed a lot of people. Some companies didn't show up and, quite honestly it affected my opinion of them. (If you can't afford to meet 100,000 potential customers, you might be on your way to bankruptcy.)

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I agree. When I was a Rep in the business, I always felt this was the most important of the 3 major shows; most of the manufacturers did not.

The first of the shows is the NASGW. This show is for Distributors only. Here the Manufacturers roll out the new products and programs for the year.

Next comes the SHOT show. Manufacturers and Distributors sell themselves and the products to the Dealers (your local FFLs).

Lastly comes the NRA show. The Manufacturers seem to begrudgingly set up their often extravagant booths/displays for one last time for the year. Manufacturers' Reps are "required' to attend. The fact that no orders are actually written and no sales made, added to the fatigue of the trade show season, seemed to lower moral, and often an appearance of disregard to the attendees of the NRA show, which include actual end users and some FFLs.

I agree too. I think a consumer based show is more important than the others. You really need to connect with the guy who is actually going to be buying and using your product. His input on why he buys or does not buy is invaluable. The list of gun stuff I want to buy but cant because distributors do not stock it is endless.

The auto industry truly understands this, and has shows all over USA all year long. Every car I have bought I first checked out at a pressure free car show, where I could ask questions of tech folks and not some doofus salesman.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Redundant threads merged so that all the work done in the previous thread doesn't have to be done over.

I will get to work fixing the title and doing other clean-up to make this thread as seamless and useful as possible.

Top Bottom