Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    If you can't feel it, does it really hurt?
    Good question. Right now, my bad knee is numb but my good knee is screaming at me. :(

Shoulda wrapped them both but that would technically be an overdose of the patches.

I'm headed out and will post a few pictures when I get home.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Good question. Right now, my bad knee is numb but my good knee is screaming at me. :(

Shoulda wrapped them both but that would technically be an overdose of the patches.

I'm headed out and will post a few pictures when I get home.
    Yeah you'll definitely feel it in what you're compensating with.

If the damage isn't too bad (or the pain suppression isn't the right kind) you can still feel "discomfort". It's not really pain, but with a persistent injury you've had so long associating it with pain that it feels about as bad. In other cases, like when I basically severed a nerve in my arm and kept going, and I wound up doing a lot more damage that I couldn't feel at all... until the nerve grew back.

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    I went on Saturday with my competition shooting daughter. We met several of her team members along with parents. We parked in the lot next to the far right side of the convention and hotel. We did not encounter any protestors. We did hear them when we arrived at the main door. Most of the time was spent helping the Scholastic Clay target Program booth but I did get a chance to look around and take pictures with Tomi Lahren, Kendal Jones, and Ava Flannel. We also met with Team Beretta Shotgun which was my daughter main objective and they had long conversations with her. It was fun day and love getting all the free goodies.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Well, lemme see here. What to write first?

First, the protesters were mostly gone by Sunday. There were perhaps a couple of dozen across the street on Discovery Green, two of whom seem to have spent the whole day yelling at the meeting attendees across the street. One was using a small bullhorn that looked like a toy; her voice was so distorted, no one could understand a word. The other one just relied on her lungs and actually managed to engage a few people across the street.

The sidewalk in front of the GRB directly across from the protesters was worth a visit anytime during the meeting. People would step out for a smoke or just to enjoy the sunshine and the protesters would start pointing out each person and yelling at them for their crimes against humanity. Some folks gave them a finger. Some ignored them. Most were merely bemused.

In short, thank you, protesters, for the non-stop entertainment value you added to the simple act of walking outside.

BTW, I stand by my earlier crowd estimates. On Friday, coincident with the Trump speech, there were at least 2K protesters. Everybody with an axe to grind was out there, though they were spread all over Discovery Green and nearby streets. It amazed me that by Sunday, the number had dropped so low. There were, what, 2 dozen? Maybe 3 or 4 dozen but certainly no more than that.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Springfield brought their Hellion. It was compact and felt surprisingly light in the hands. I didn't like it, though. With the stock fully collapsed, the length of pull was still too long for me to comfortably shoulder it. When I stuck the butt into the crook of my arm, the trigger was nearly at the tip of my trigger finger. If the LOP were reduced by an 1.5 to 2 inches, I think I'd really like it. At least, I might like it well enough to put up with the mediocre trigger. :)

thumbnail.jpeg

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    The media had mostly left by Sunday too. .............I'll bet

No media.........very few protesters................
    Yeah, I think you're right. This, if I'm right, was the entire crowd of protesters on Sunday and, now that you mention it, there are no news crews parked on the curb interviewing them. Good catch.

thumbnail3.jpeg

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    There were more empty booths and apparent last minute no-shows than I expected.

This booth, for example, was for Kestrel on Friday and Saturday. It was re-dressed for Hillsdale College and USA Shooting on Sunday but there was no one in attendance.

thumbnail.jpeg

I talked to one vendor who had no printed materials to hand out. When I looked at him questioningly, he volunteered that the NRA had contacted him and offered him a booth "very last-minute," specifically saying "days ago" as if it had happened in the week prior to the meeting.

That's odd.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    For those of you who have seen those 24K gold-plated Iver Johnson 1911s in the back of the NRA publications for years, the show was a chance to see one in person. It sure was pretty. :)

thumbnail.jpeg

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Trailblazer Firearms was showing their Pivot folding rifle. I'm not sure the gimmick makes a PCC worth the MSRP of $1800 but I still thought it was pretty interesting.

thumbnail.jpeg

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Clipdraw, Black Rifle Coffee, and International Supplies (whoever that is) were no-shows.

thumbnail.jpeg

The BRCC booth was being used as a rest stop by attendees but there were no company personnel there.

thumbnail.jpeg

Top Bottom