NRA Annual Meeting in Houston Re-Scheduled for May 27-29, 2022

stdreb27

TGT Addict
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dec 12, 2011
Corpus christi
I haven't wandered around that neighborhood since the new construction drove out all the good Asian eateries.

Is it all that bad?

That’s a complicated answer.

So they built fancy apartments townhouses or Whatever on the other side of 45. And there is discover green down there which is fancy pants.
Then they have those fancy hotels. BUT right under the bridge. Where there isn’t parking lots. It’s tent cities.

That’d gotten worse.

Last couple times I went was during the World Series. There was a heavy police presence. And the guys weren’t aggressively panhandling. Most weren’t really working the crowd. Just hanging out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Admin
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Nov 22, 2011
Spring
Park on the street. It’s inexpensive.
And if you want to waste a lot of money but have the most convenient parking, arrive early and valet your car at the hotel. The available slots for non-guests to valet a car will be gone by 9 or 10 in the morning but it sure is the easiest way to park.

Personally, I don't think it's worth the $27/day it costs, plus tip, plus a surcharge for oversize vehicles (i.e., don't show up in an F250 unless you want to spend a $53 surcharge).

Also, they have a bad reputation on Yelp for poor service and possibly rifling through people's cars looking for stuff.

I think I just talked myself out of using the valet. :)

Top Bottom