ARJ Defense ad

NRA Board Election - Please vote with me.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    go support other groups that will not waiver on our 2nd amendment.
    That's a perfectly valid viewpoint and I agree with it. I'm a lifer in multiple other groups.

But I still see value in the NRA. It's perceived as the political big stick and in politics perception is incredibly important. Even if they're stabbing us in the back, just the existence of the NRA helps stem the tide of anti-gun legislation that would otherwise bury us. Why? Because politicians are afraid of them.

On that basis alone, the NRA still has value.

Because I accept that the NRA has value, I will try to improve it by voting for BoD members who hold views closer to my own.

If other people choose to abandon the NRA completely, by all means do so. That's a valid course of action. However, if you do, please do us all the favor of writing them and letting them know why you're leaving.

I see two strategies for making the NRA better:
    • Leave the NRA,
      • let them know why
      • hope they become so afraid of dwindling membership they start hewing closer to 2A principles, or
    • Stay in the NRA and try to make it better.
    Just because I've chosen the second option doesn't mean the first is invalid.

Thank you for your thoughts.
    Guns International

HKSig

Let's Go Brandon!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Spring
    I received my ballot a week or two ago (I don't receive paper magazines, so it was a ballot only package), and voted for Mr. Kraut.

pbpvusa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2015
    Plano, Tx
    Thank you for this thread. I have been sitting on my ballot not knowing who to vote. If I google I get conflicting information. I have been a life member for 3 years, missed first year, I was reading some groups and picked 10 people recommended on second year. This year I am only picking Adam Kraut. I am mailing my ballot tomorrow.

I am also lifer with 2nd Ammendment foundation and TSRA. Thinking of joining for GOA as well.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Dug up my ballot, bullet voted for Kraut and will mail it tomorrow before I put it off any longer and completely forget. Thanks Ben.

"ANY BALLOT NOT RECEIVED BY APRIL 15, 2018 WILL NOT BE OPENED OR COUNTED."

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    I just got my ballot today. My annual membership anniversary is Feb so they punished me for not renewing in November by delaying my ballot. I voted like Coiled did.

Top Bottom