• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Let me help you out. Lots of chaff until you get to the statements of the NRA board member;
    “The head of the New York State Rifle and Pistol Association said the sale of ghost guns is a growing problem.

“These '80 percent' guns are providing a way for prohibited people to buy a firearm,” Tom King of the NYSRPA said, referring to people who don’t have a gun permit or are otherwise prohibited from possessing a gun.”
    Just in case you wondered whose side the NRA is on.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    You are correct. However, TGT is viewed in places outside the U.S. There are issues beyond our federal law.
    I don't know all the details and won't try to tell you your business, but it doesn't seem that TGT would be subject to another nation's laws even if there are visitors from other nations. Other boards don't seem to have issues with that. And it would make things a lot more convenient here.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    won't try to tell you your business
    For the record, it's not my business. In any event, it doesn't matter whether or not I agree with the board owners. The policy was instituted and it's not hard to comply. As a volunteer mod, I'll pay attention to the policies put in place by the board owners.
    it doesn't seem that TGT would be subject to another nation's laws
    I doubt the policy was made wrt the laws of other nations. The EU Copyright Directive, however, is draconian. Sites and services that care about their EU traffic have already been fined many millions of dollars. Sites that don't care about their EU traffic, like this one, have less exposure but can still be negatively impacted. I assume (don't know for sure but it seems a reasonable guess) that the board owners were thinking about that. It's a cautious approach but it's not an indefensible stance.
    Other boards don't seem to have issues with that.
    Unless something unexpected happens, given the way EUCD enforcement seems to be headed that won't be true forever.

Top Bottom