• ...and so much more!
  • jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Applaud the challenge. Not sure the reasoning will stand up in court.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    I am/was torn when I saw the headline myself tonight.

On one hand I applaud them for standing up for our Constitutional rights. On the other I thought perhaps they should back other groups that specialize in litigation against such egregious affronts to our rights. At this juncture is being this braggadocious and visible the correct path?

I certainly don't think we should shirk away from, or stand down to the antis, but is there perhaps a better avenue for them to pursue?

Again, my rambling thoughts and I look forward to a more clear and concise argument than mine.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    "I know, let's blame 18 to 21 year olds and take away their rights, and disregard the many authority problems we have in Florida." Pure bullshit in order to appease those that think with their heart instead of their brain, the NRA should have been more vocal against it before it was signed.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I am/was torn when I saw the headline myself tonight.

On one hand I applaud them for standing up for our Constitutional rights. On the other I thought perhaps they should back other groups that specialize in litigation against such egregious affronts to our rights. At this juncture is being this braggadocious and visible the correct path?

I certainly don't think we should shirk away from, or stand down to the antis, but is there perhaps a better avenue for them to pursue?

Again, my rambling thoughts and I look forward to a more clear and concise argument than mine.

I believe the NRA has a pretty good team for dealing with things like this.

Sadly, it seems they have a habit of sitting on the sidelines.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    "I know, let's blame 18 to 21 year olds and take away their rights, and disregard the many authority problems we have in Florida." Pure bullshit in order to appease those that think with their heart instead of their brain, the NRA should have been more vocal against it before it was signed.

With the political climate in Florida right now what would you expect them to do? I'm sure they were working hard to prevent this, however the political animals saw the writing on the wall.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    With the political climate in Florida right now what would you expect them to do? I'm sure they were working hard to prevent this, however the political animals saw the writing on the wall.
    Oh really? I must have missed their campaign against it, other than the mail to raise funds.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    Oh really? I must have missed their campaign against it, other than the mail to raise funds.

Do you live in Florida? Are you in the Florida legislature?

What would you expect them to do? With what's going on in Florida they could have spent $50 million and it wouldn't have made a whit of difference.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I expect them as the largest of the 2nd amendment activist groups to make noise when laws are being made that restricts the 2nd amendment, not just use it to raise funds.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    As they should be in this instance when lobbying state legislators. Why on earth would they put more fuel on the fire when trying to get legislators to make an unpopular vote?
    Okay, then tell me who they were in contact with.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    The law bans the stuff Marion Hammer wanted banned. Screw em, they created and supported this shitshow.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Really??

When someone has their mind made up, why confuse them with facts.
    So the best tactic is nothing until it's already come to past? Is that the tactic if/when another AWB goes to vote in the U.S.? Wait until it passes and spend years trying to fight it in court? Too bad the last one ran out, I'm sure the NRA had big plans to fight it.

Top Bottom