• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bobk

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Seguin
    I expect them as the largest of the 2nd amendment activist groups to make noise when laws are being made that restricts the 2nd amendment, not just use it to raise funds.
    Totally agree, at the same time I don't expect them to cave or give up rights without a fight. If they are true lobbyists you would think that they would know before Nancy Pelosi farts.

They would also know about any things coming to vote before it happened so that they could mobilize their members like GOA does.

Once we have to go to court it's usually a losing battle. Look at Commifornia.
    ARJ Defense ad

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    SB 7026 went from a wet dream to reality in about two weeks. It was submitted as a bill on Feb 21 and quietly pushed through the FL senate 6 calendar days.

This tells me the NRA isn’t being proactive. And that’s the problem all gun owners have.

We sit on our asses, fat dumb and happy, bitching about bad stuff happening somewhere else in the US and go along with our business.

NRA should have been chomping at the bit to get NRA, NSSF, or 4H shooting sports gun safety education in every single school for all ages.

NRA should be vocally challenging the BSO response. It was the same shitshow that occurred when BSO responded to the FLL airport active shooter incident last year.

NRA should have been questioning the district policy/agreement that deterred law enforcement from enforcing the law when students were concerned.

Instead, we as gun owners, advocates, and our organizations let the other side control the entire argument.

Until we (and our organizations) start being proactive and taking control of the conversation, we’re f’d.

BillRedding

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2017
    Colorado Springs, CO
    @toddnjoyce:
    You are 100% correct in your assessment!

The 30 million or so hunters are the worst example, as they only care about hunting issues, not self-defense, target shooting, or any other gun-related endeavor. So there's a useless 30 million "invisible gun people" doing absolutely NOTHING for "the pro-gun/2nd Amendment/RKBA" cause. Imagine 30 million new people joining a pro-gun group (the NRA or some other) -- what might be accomplished THEN?

Also, IME (in TX, NM and CO) just about all CARRIERS (speaking of concealed-carriers, not open-carriers) are lazy, complacent and apathetic...they focus only on themselves (myopic) and don't care about anyone else. Consequently, just like hunters THEY do NOTHING for "the cause," either. Add to that the "surprise" (?) fact that most gun-owners all across America are liberal, don't look to those huge numbers of people for any pro-gun improvement efforts/support -- and for sure, not any short or long-term commitment (THAT takes work -- they're not interested).

"Fringe groups" (LGBT, BLM, Antifa, Occupy, Act Up, etc.) have WAY smaller numbers but have gotten WAY more done.

So from what I've seen and experienced in trying to motivate local carriers to meet up regularly and "get organized & involved" (in already mentioned TX, NM & CO), sadly they aren't AT ALL interested...so I let them be and just try to do what I can individually. THAT isn't going to gain much (if any) ground...

IMO, "WE" are our own worst enemy, not the liberals.
    -- BR
    (President, Open Carry El Paso)

Last edited:

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    SB 7026 went from a wet dream to reality in about two weeks. It was submitted as a bill on Feb 21 and quietly pushed through the FL senate 6 calendar days.

This tells me the NRA isn’t being proactive. And that’s the problem all gun owners have.

We sit on our asses, fat dumb and happy, bitching about bad stuff happening somewhere else in the US and go along with our business.

NRA should have been chomping at the bit to get NRA, NSSF, or 4H shooting sports gun safety education in every single school for all ages.

NRA should be vocally challenging the BSO response. It was the same shitshow that occurred when BSO responded to the FLL airport active shooter incident last year.

NRA should have been questioning the district policy/agreement that deterred law enforcement from enforcing the law when students were concerned.

Instead, we as gun owners, advocates, and our organizations let the other side control the entire argument.

Until we (and our organizations) start being proactive and taking control of the conversation, we’re f’d.

"Until we (and our organizations) start being proactive and taking control of the conversation, we’re f’d."

Truer words have never been spoken.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    One of his tweets contain A “gun free” school is a magnet for bad people.

It's a shame that won't catch on in more places.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    easy rider said:
    Okay, then tell me who they were in contact with.

So the best tactic is nothing until it's already come to past? Is that the tactic if/when another AWB goes to vote in the U.S.? Wait until it passes and spend years trying to fight it in court? Too bad the last one ran out, I'm sure the NRA had big plans to fight it.

I was referring to you when I said some folks have their minds made up so no use to confusing them with facts.

Would you like copies of the tape transcripts I made while sitting in on the meetings between NRA lobbyists and the Florida legislators? {I borrowed Nixon's tape recorder.}

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    You've shown nothing, and I've heard nothing, other than "please send more money", or comments on how they feel about it. I get very tired when I give money and not hear anything other than commentary of how things are in a pitch to ask for more money. I'm sure I'm not the only source of income, so I'd like to see a campaign to fight against these gun control laws before they happen, not hear about how mad they are that it passed.

Bobk

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Seguin
    You've shown nothing, and I've heard nothing, other than "please send more money", or comments on how they feel about it. I get very tired when I give money and not hear anything other than commentary of how things are in a pitch to ask for more money. I'm sure I'm not the only source of income, so I'd like to see a campaign to fight against these gun control laws before they happen, not hear about how mad they are that it passed.

The 2018 NRA Director Nominations time is here and the ballots have to be received before April 15,2018. Maybe it's time we vote out some of the people who just don't get what Easy Rider is saying. Kind of BS though you can select up to 25 names out of 35.

Top Bottom