• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • facetnated

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    Benbrook
    There is a range in Weatherford that is offering this course.
    My wife and I have never shot shotguns.
    Can anyone give me an idea of what is covered and whether we would need to have our own shotguns?

Richard.
    Capitol Armory ad

kaiserb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Mansfield, Texas
    There is a range in Weatherford that is offering this course.
    My wife and I have never shot shotguns.
    Can anyone give me an idea of what is covered and whether we would need to have our own shotguns?

Richard.

For NRA First Steps Shotgun you do not necessarily need your own shotguns or ammunition, usually you just bring a good attitude and willingness to learn. Each instructor sets the class up differently, I would suggest you call the instructor and they can tell you exactly what you should bring.

Official description from NRA:
    NRA FIRST Steps Shotgun course is designed to provide a hands-on introduction to the safe handling and proper orientation to one specific shotgun model. This course is at least three hours long and includes classroom and range time learning to shoot a specific model shotgun at a moving target. Students will learn the NRA’s rules for safe gun handling; the particular shotgun model parts and operation; ammunition; shooting fundamentals; cleaning the shotgun; and continued opportunities for skill development. Students will receive the Basics of Shotgun Shooting handbook, NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure, Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification booklet, FIRST Steps Course completion certificate.

streakpi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    Sounds like a great course. I am looking to buy my first shotgun...since I haven't shot a shottie in almost 20 years - it would be nice to receive some training.

Top Bottom