• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • treadlightly

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2018
    Mexia, Texas
    Today's email brought an NRA catalog featuring the usual stuff. "Strong NRA woman" tee shirts, concealed carry briefcases and backpacks, and patriot hats.

The subject line on the email was "Inaugural Pages," which I presume is a reference to being the first, or inaugural, NRA catalog for 2021.

All good. My view on the Second Amendment is not worth detailing here, but in a nutshell if you've got a song in your heart and respect for your fellow man, carry a weapon. Everywhere. Political rallies (where legal), to the grocery store, to church, around the house, as you drive, let therefore your gun be the constant companion of your walks just like Jefferson said.

Of course, if you believe a political rally will be a riot, don't just not carry, don't go. In the present times, you must fight and the weapon to use is your word processor and public forums such as this one. Even texaschlforum.com, whether you believe it's properly run or not, except it's down again.

Give the First Amendment a chance to protect the Second. Failing that, we have a real problem - but only until the First has had its day. We're a long, long, way from another shot heard 'round the world.

But in light of insane mayhem at the capitol a couple of weeks ago and on the day before a Presidential Inauguration will be secured by thousands and thousands of military troops, was it clear thinking to send out promotional literature for concealed carry briefcases and gun equipment with the subject line, "Inaugural Pages?"

It doesn't bother me. I like guns, but how does that read to enemies of freedom now assuming control of both sides of Congress and the White House?
    Guns International

Top Bottom