nra lifetime membership

Discussion in 'General Firearms & Ammo' started by DCortez, Sep 29, 2009.

1. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    What's the best deal anyone has seen? I thought I remembered seeing a Lifey go for $300 once. Recently received a $600 offer and a "$400 check" from the NRA.

After watching the AARP send it's members down the river, I'm second guessing a lifetime membership. Money > Members to some.

2. jsimmons

jsimmons Active Member

Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio
    You only need membership through the end of 2012 (end of the Mayan calendar).

3. ConnRadd

ConnRadd Active Member

True... Why make yourself a lifer if the NRA or any other group that may make a turn you don't agree with. I highly doubt that NRA would, but we've seen stranger things in the last few years... By making annual payments, they will need your support...

4. cuate

cuate Well-Known

Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    NRA Lifer since 1968

Our NRA has a few distractors, all organizations do. NRA does have the energy, the money, and the power to battle the anti-gunners and does that with vigor. There are other organizations like GOA and a Jewish Gun
    organization and others and they all have the same goal.

NRA exposes the most adamant anti-gun politicians and helps us to know who are the enemies of our God Given 2nd Amendment.

Yes, we have had losses like the Gun control Act of 1968 when that punk shot the then President, JFK. We survived that law. There will be attempts by the "Brady Bunch" and others to kill gun ownership but we will persevere !!!

I am the NRA......Semper Fi....:texas:

5. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    My wife and I are both members. The NRA hasn't done anything to make me suspicious.

Anyhoo, what's the cheapest anyone has seen a lifetime membership go for?

6. Texas42

Texas42 TGT Addict

Nov 21, 2008
    Temple
    I joined this year. Gosh, I think they spend more money sending me junk mail than I paided them for dues.

If they left me alone, or only sent a quarterly letter, I might do another year membership.

7. 308nato

308nato TGT Addict

Join the TSRA ,they fight the Libs in Austin and have helped get some
    good Bills passed.

8. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair

I'll get me and the wife signed up. I always forget about them.

9. TexasRedneck

TexasRedneck 1911 Nut Lifetime Member

Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    3rd-generation NRA Life member here. As such, I don't really notice current Life offers, sorry!

10. dtalley

dtalley Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Lost in BCS
    I have been a member of the NRA and TSRA for many years. Dad was a member of both for many years also.

Sent in my Last EZPay NRA Life membership payment last week (paid $25 online everytime I got a paycheck so It didn't take near as long as it would if you just send in $25 quarterly.)
    Thinking about doing the same for TSRA instead of 3 years at a time.

I also have given NRA and TSRA memberships as birthday gifts.