• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    I have other memberships to pro-gun memberships besides the NRA. However, you have to live in the real world of D.C. You can be the most pro-gun group ever but if you don't accomplish anything besides pissing people off what have you done? I would rather have the bump stock ban in the courts of law than in the halls of Congress.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I feel these other groups cloud our voice!

I feel like other organizations like the GOA, SAF, TSRA, etc., add to our front. The NRA is the big tank on the line. Slow and plodding, but fearsome to anti gunners. The smaller organizations are like infantry, or guerilla fighters, nimbler and attacking from different angles and going after different anti gun targets. We should support as many as possible.

Last edited:

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown

Inspector43

Everything I Own Is Paid For
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2017
    Colorado County, Texas
    My wife and I dropped our NRA membership. If you read their propaganda close you will see that they use old news and make it look new. They have fake or not complete news. They publish misleading news. They are another not for profit that is really for profit of the leaders. But, we do need an organization that pushes back on the snowflakes.

Bobk

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Seguin
    I am a life time member but am disappointed in how they have caved on multiple issues. I agree with the above post that they use old news. They are not staying up to date or alerting their members with up to date issues like other organizations. The GOA is more active in fighting for the second amendment.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I support the NRA, GOA, SAF, NAGR & TSRA. I truly wish that GOA, SAF & NAGR had the lobbying power of the NRA, I would then drop the NRA, but even combined they don't. The NRA often attaches their name to lawsuits brought by others, if found worthy, and caves to issues on it's own. The NRA needs another Charlton Heston and the removal of LaPierre and Cox.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Support them all.

I agree the NRA doesn't support the same exact values I do but until a different group takes over the NRA's power and influence we need them.

When somebody else steps up and takes over let the NRA implode.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Until Hoji posted about O. North and some woman in Florida (forgot her name) my faith in them has been profoundly shaken.

Plus, if W.L. and Cox go, maybe some reassurance of their doing greater good for pro-gunners will be restored.....maybe.....

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Until Hoji posted about O. North and some woman in Florida (forgot her name) my faith in them has been profoundly shaken.
    That woman would be Marion Hammer. She has been a huge bigwig in the NRA for decades. She also:
    • consistently works against pro-gun legislation in her home state of Florida,
    • wrote the NRA position on bump stocks, saying they were not protected by the 2A, and
    • has demonized anyone running as a reformer for the NRA Board of Directors as "the enemy within".
    With friends like her, we don't need enemies.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Benenglish,

Thanks.

I 'want' the NRA to do good for us pro-gunners, but their slow fall from grace is a reminder that time often corrupts even the best of organizations particularly when a few 'elites' get hold of the reins of power and do what's best for 'them' and screw why they were there in the first place...sigh.

Top Bottom