• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    I received a phone call from the NRA this morning asking me what I thought about wayne lapierre among other things. So I told them what they probably didn't want to hear.

As I always do when I hear from the NRA I donated to a pro-gun organization that is actually working FOR us gunowners. This time I made a donation to SAF

Did anyone else here get a phone call from them?
    Hurley's Gold

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    I'll beg to differ.

Go ahead. Throw the NRA under the bus and see what happens.

I'm a benefactor member. Without the NRA the 2nd would be history and you would be packing a sling shot.

It only takes one election to make us all felons for something we took for granted.
    What is your proposal for fixing the problem of corruption. The board hasn't fixed the Lapierre problem.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I'm just an Indian. Not a chief. Still, I know that disruption of the NRA is a part of the plan to disarm the general population.

When they tell you that you can only own one gun, or be a felon, or must get a $250 permit for each firearm you own, each year, or be a felon, what will you do?

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    This is for skfullen, and any others who may take a stab at it. This is an honest question, and one I hope you'll take the time to ponder before answering.

Q. What makes the NRA the de-facto defensive force against the repeal of gun rights?

I don't believe they are, and I don't believe for one dead second they should be. We need a defensive stature on any and all positions, and every one of our Bill of Rights, right up until the point the nation sees no other option than to simply refuse to give up our rights and actually make use of the second amendment as written. I don't believe the NRA is working in our best interests at the moment, and I believe they of all people need to come to the realization they have work to do, putting it politely.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    This is for skfullen, and any others who may take a stab at it. This is an honest question, and one I hope you'll take the time to ponder before answering.

Q. What makes the NRA the de-facto defensive force against the repeal of gun rights?

I don't believe they are, and I don't believe for one dead second they should be. We need a defensive stature on any and all positions, and every one of our Bill of Rights, right up until the point the nation sees no other option than to simply refuse to give up our rights and actually make use of the second amendment as written. I don't believe the NRA is working in our best interests at the moment, and I believe they of all people need to come to the realization they have work to do, putting it politely.
    They definitely are but have lost their way.

Their size and especially their influence are what make them top dogs at the moment. The average gun owner probably doesn't know of any other organizations and the Left sure isn't talking about any of them.

The NRA has power that can't be denied and can't be claimed by any other organization.

I believe we should support the NRA and other groups. Once another group strikes fear into the enemy like the NRA does now then dump them for the Fudds that they are. Until then keep them strong.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    The nra gets the heat it deserves. First, I agree that without their lobbying things might be a lot worse for us. Flip side...when you settle for things to get banned, such as bump stocks; it’s a fudd organization that is selective in what it cares about. The nra brought heat on it’s self. Gun owners have every right to not trust em. Other organizations have done more for gun owners that don’t get much attention. Hell, elected officials such as many Sheriff’s have done waaay more than the nra.

hoghunting

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2014
    Did anyone else get this email from the NRA?

While gun-ban extremists like Nancy Pelosi and Charles Schumer are trying to BAN our guns, NRA is giving guns away – including 12 of the most extraordinary firearms on the market today!

And when you enter, I hope you'll contribute just $5 for each of your entries in the Giveaway.

No contribution is required to enter or win, and a contribution won't increase your chances of winning.

If you fill out the entry form and try to submit without paying, your form won't be accepted without a credit card number.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here

While gun-ban extremists like Nancy Pelosi and Charles Schumer are trying to BAN our guns, NRA is giving guns away – including 12 of the most extraordinary firearms on the market today!

And when you enter, I hope you'll contribute just $5 for each of your entries in the Giveaway.

No contribution is required to enter or win, and a contribution won't increase your chances of winning.

If you fill out the entry form and try to submit without paying, your form won't be accepted without a credit card number.

I am sure that if you ask them about it they will say that it is just a glitch in the website.

Do you happen to have any mail correspondence from the NRA? If so what is the postage permit number?

Does anyone else here have any mail from the NRA?

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    What makes them "de-facto"? How about the fact they are de-first, de-biggest, and de-most successful in defending our rights on de-largest scale of any other organization.

I never said they were de-only one you should support. But I do understand it's better to work at fine-tuning it than throwing it out. Support EVERY pro 2nd organization you are able!

Two questions:

If the NRA is not effective, why do the gun grabbers continually call it enemy number one and attempt to destroy it?

What organization would you have take it's place if the left IS successful?

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...

Isn't putting a stamp on it and mailing it in an option?

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    What makes them "de-facto"? How about the fact they are de-first, de-biggest, and de-most successful in defending our rights on de-largest scale of any other organization.

I never said they were de-only one you should support. But I do understand it's better to work at fine-tuning it than throwing it out. Support EVERY pro 2nd organization you are able!

Two questions:

If the NRA is not effective, why do the gun grabbers continually call it enemy number one and attempt to destroy it?

What organization would you have take it's place if the left IS successful?
    They are indeed the oldest, the largest, and yet the organization under fire for the largest misuse of donations of their core contributors.

Does that mean abolish the NRA? No, it does not, and to date I have seen nobody here call for anything close to that. But, I've seen many folks press for change in leadership, a change in practices, and a renewed focus. You seem frighteningly close to playing ostrich and pretending the problems don't exist. That, honestly, is what allowed the NRA to get to this point - too much trust, not enough sticking our collective nose in their business. The NRA needs to feel the heat of the fire they stoked.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    The only ostrich 'round here is on my feet.
    tumblr_nvtj5jz1hf1s3abbdo1_500.gif

Attachments

• tumblr_nvtj5jz1hf1s3abbdo1_500.gif
      tumblr_nvtj5jz1hf1s3abbdo1_500.gif
      1.3 MB · Views: 251

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown

Yes, I think the small print says to mail your entry if you are not donating.

Top Bottom